XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Minor seat issue.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Received 315 Likes on 224 Posts
Default Minor seat issue.

For some time now, my drivers seat doesn't return to the pre set memory position. It's not a big deal, but just means I have to set it every time I get in. I know I could set the seat and switch off the "Auto" setting, but I like how the seat and wheel retracts, and I am a bit long legged, so it suits me fine.

Today, I swapped out the seat memory module from my donor car, same part number and it is still the same. I tried setting the memory and I get the appropriate lights and chimes etc. and the steering wheel still does what it's supposed to, but not the seat. It stays right back in the furthest back position.

So, can anyone explain, in very plain English, what I should be looking at? I've read a bit about pentiometers (or something like that), but couldn't quite follow what was being said.

Any help much appreciated.

Old 03-29-2014, 06:02 AM
Received 315 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by sogood
For some time now, my drivers seat doesn't return to the pre set memory position. It's not a big deal, but just means I have to set it every time I get in. I know I could set the seat and switch off the "Auto" setting, but I like how the seat and wheel retracts, and I am a bit long legged, so it suits me fine.

Today, I swapped out the seat memory module from my donor car, same part number and it is still the same. I tried setting the memory and I get the appropriate lights and chimes etc. and the steering wheel still does what it's supposed to, but not the seat. It stays right back in the furthest back position.

So, can anyone explain, in very plain English, what I should be looking at? I've read a bit about pentiometers (or something like that), but couldn't quite follow what was being said.

Any help much appreciated.
Just resurrecting this thread in case it's slipped under the radar!