XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Motor Shaking, All fault codes ect. ECU problem or not?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 01:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Motor Shaking, All fault codes ect. ECU problem or not?

Dear Everyone!

Please someone help me with experiences or ideas.

The story:

My x300 Daimler L 1997 was in service, and everything went good, lot of stuff has changed, but when we finished I drived home and after 10-12km the car loose the power and the motor swiched off.
After I have waiting a 15min to cool down, and then the motor runs again, I was turn back to the service, and on the way a few times It stopped again, and every fault codes was ON, the speedometer was crazy and maintime a little "click click"
from the passenger side. (I was recorded a video, you can hear the click clik also in the end of the video)

Now we changed the throttle position sensor, and the fault codes and speedometer OK.
No more problem, only the idle motor shakeing like the hell now!

We do not have the Xj6 CD for the PDU.
So we first thougth the ECU got a water. (because in the service they can only park outside, and my car was outside too for long time)
So I cleaned (in lab) the ECU and the problem has not fixed.

There was the Service Ower's x300 too, so we thought lets change ​​​​​​our ECU's, maybe we can see some difference.
And YES with the other ECU the motor was run smooth but only for a few mins, and then stopped itself.
With mine shakes like hell.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot for every answer.
(And yes maintime I try to find an Xj6 CD for the PDU)
​​​​​

Old 02-03-2019, 01:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 976 Likes on 662 Posts

Hello, sorry for the lack of replies. We will try to understand your problems and offer help.

Your car had services done and then trouble started, so something that was done caused the problems. Were the ignition coils changed? Inexpensive replacement coils often fail quickly in this engine. They can also cause all the instruments to go very crazy! Of course bad coils will cause rough running (shaking) too.

Good idea to check the ECU and to try another. The ECU can get water inside it if there are any leaks around the windshield area.

Let us know if progress has been made by now.

The following 2 users liked this post by SleekJag12:
Don B (02-05-2019), SarosiMartin (02-13-2019)
Old 02-03-2019, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,383 Likes on 1,087 Posts

With the second X300 you can swap coils

As the coils go bad ( even new ones ) and arc to ground as they warm up , this effects the pure smooth DC power on the car into a dirty mess that effects alot of things . This is referred to as dirty electricity but has some applications like guitar vacuum tube amplifiers .

To narrow it down to just one or so bad you can swap 3 on the front half , then swap around to the back 3 , and continue a search pattern

What do you mean by XJ6 CD for the PDU ?

The TPS has to be finely adjusted and is a guess if you plug one in and is adjusted properly

The factory spec is 0.60 + or - 0.02 volts DC at the mechanical idle stop on the middle Green / Yellow color wire on the TPS connector ( just key on , not running , and the wire comes over the fuel rail to tap into

The throttle body is common to be gummed up and not hit the idle mechanical stop

Keep asking questions and someone will help

Last edited by Lady Penelope; 02-03-2019 at 12:12 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Lady Penelope:
Don B (02-05-2019), SarosiMartin (02-13-2019)
Old 02-05-2019, 09:52 PM
Received 12,733 Likes on 6,378 Posts

Originally Posted by SarosiMartin
... and every fault codes was ON, the speedometer was crazy and maintime a little "click click"
from the passenger side. (I was recorded a video, you can hear the click clik also in the end of the video)
​​​​​
Hello SarosiMartin,

Welcome to the Jaguar Forums! It's great to have you with us.

You've already received great replies from Richard and Parker. If you can please post all the diagnostic trouble codes exactly as they appear (usually P followed by four numerals), that may help us be of additional assistance in narrowing down your diagnosis.

Cheers,

Don

The following 2 users liked this post by Don B:
93SB (02-09-2019), SarosiMartin (02-13-2019)
Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for aswers.

Dear Lady Penelope!

Meanwhile the computer CD problem fixed and we have looked in the car, and Penelope was right.
From the 6 Pencil coils 2was 10% of performance the other 4 was 50 -60%.
I choosed to change all.
Now I am waiting for the pencil coils (6 pieces) from ebay, and than we will change all.
Thanks for the tipp.
TPS has finaly adjusted.
And maintime I'll try to find out what is going on with my ECU because it can not measure correctly the tempreture of air.
Sometimes the car can run 8-12 kilometres without any symptom, excepy the high idle (3000)
but after 12km it definitely stop again.

Dear SleekJag12!

It is a good idea to check the windscreed all around and find a hole.
You told me I can try an other ECU.
I do it.
My ecu number is: LNB1410CB/311
Unfurtunatelly still nowhere I can find the same, but now I bought a used one "LNB1410CC/3--"
just for try.
I dont know it is replaceble or not, we will see.
What does it mean the "--" at the end?

I only know the LNB1410CB/311 has a supersession friend call LNB1410CC/311.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've asked them for the fault codes, if they aswer I will write again.
Now we only know about ECU that it can not detect the imput air tempreture.

I try to inform you all faster, but my car as I told, in service now, and they are a bit slowly in practice. Lot of cars lot of job.

Thanks a lot

Regards

The following users liked this post:
Don B (02-13-2019)