XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Need for parts

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 03:25 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Need for parts

Thursday night April 28th I had the misfortune of hitting a pitbull with my 95XJ6. It was a dark rainy night and some teens were out walking beside the highway with a dog. At first they said it was theirs and then when the Sheriff showed up to do the traffic report they said it was not theirs.

1. It scared me to death because I thought at first that one of those kids had jumped out in front of me.

2. It made me angry. If they'd had that poor beast on a leash it would still be alive.

I know my BP shot up fifty points.

The good news is no one in the car or any of the teens on the road were hurt. The bad news is the dog was dispatched, fortunately quickly and I hope oblivious to any pain.

The least of the bad news is that the driver's side (U.S.) grill insert was crushed and the bumper cover was damaged. The underscuttle was knocked loose and all of the tabs broken off. The passenger side brake cooling duct was ripped off and the washer bottle was broken loose from the frame. To add to all this my dash occasionally tells me that a light is malfunctioning. The passenger side fog light is only coming on intermittently.

Anyone here have any of these parts they might want to part with? Forgive the pun.

Thanks again for the help.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default parts

Hey Jack! I do a lot of parts with a local salvage yard in my area (west central Illinois) and I know he has several XJ6's and 8's in the yard. The problem with this is the cars are in a section of the yard that the buyer is required to remove the parts themseves.

What I will do for you if you are interested is to go to the yard, once I know specifically what you need, and take some digital pics of the parts on the cars and send them to you via PM. From there, if you want the parts I will go to the yard and remove them for you (free of charge since I am always up for a trip to the yard as it keeps me current on what has come in that wasn't there before as i also buy and am looking for parts for my C4 "86 Corvette too) and take them to the counter for them to ship them to you.

Dave would like you to call him so he can quote you prices before I remove the parts so that the to of you can come to terms on everything. He's not the highest priced but also not dirt cheap, but the items I have purchased from him have been quite reasonable. So here is the information:

Fiergie Auto Parts
800-252-9025

Again, you will need to talk to David the parts manager, and from there if I can be of help, again free of charge on my part, just let me know.

Poor Boy

Last edited by poor boy; 05-03-2011 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Sp