XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Seat Memory function (Working!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Seat Memory function (Working!)

Hey fellow jag lovers,

I am making this post for your information, I hope it will help some of you with the memory seat problem. I was one of those peeps.

Problem: My memory function didn't work. All chair functions were working perfect, moving up and down, forward and backwards, tilting etc. (except the head rest did not go up and down anymore)
When I enter the car and put in the key, only the steering wheel became active and rolled towards me. Also all the buttons and lights and beeping sounds for memory did work in my case, except it don't saves the seat stand. When I pushed for example button no.2 on the operation panel the chair would just go backwards and the seat would go back and down like there is no end to come.

Solution: What really helped me in this case was the post I found in the fora db. I did exactly what was written there. I moved the chairs to its middle position and to its full position, each time checking the lights of the memory if it was okay. Finally after positioning it in middle I press the button again and moved the chair fully forward and then pressed the button again. I hear the recognizable beep from the memory and try to test it. I removed the key and all suddenly starts working. The seat is moving backwards now when I pull out my key and goes in place when I enter the key.

Jaguar Forums db url for inop seat memory:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...g-memory-6089/

"You may have a faulty potentiometer for one of the seat movements. The way to check them is to first set all movements to the mid-way position. Then run each one to it's full position press the memory button. If the led lights up run it fully the other way and press the button. Return it to the mid position and go to the next movement. Check all ranges, front cushion up/down, rear cushion up/down, cushion forward/backward, seat back raise/recline and headrest up/down. Remember to return each one to the mid position before trying the next one. If one fails to light the led you have a bad or out of adjustment potentiometer for that movement function."
I hope this will help some of you with same memory issues I had!

Maraud

The following 2 users liked this post by Maraud:
al_roethlisberger (10-12-2014), mikesmith2 (04-23-2013)