XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

stereo upgrade conv xj-s 1996

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 09:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stereo upgrade conv xj-s 1996

hi

can anyone recommend and car stereo stop in and around Greenwich ct area who can put at head unit, 4 door speakers and a custom sub woofer without messing up the electronics or my interior

in other words I guess I am asking if there is an high end audio store who can care for my jaguar insides
my xjs is a 1996 with 4 k miles on in, to it is brand new
just don't want to get it mesed up
thank you in advance for any information you can provide
ab

Old 06-13-2015, 01:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 672 Likes on 495 Posts

Holy cow.... only 4k miles? That's amazing

That being said, there are also potential disadvantages to a car having only put on that few miles in 20 years depending on how often it has been run and serviced for example. Since we don't know anything else about the car, if you have just bought it I might suggest taking some time to inspect it top to bottom and drive it for a while to see what shakes loose before making any modifications.

After 20 years and not being driven much, a lot of the consumables and other plastic/rubber bits like suspension, gaskets, belts etc may have hardened from age and little use. So you could end up with some leaks, rattles or other minor failures once you start stressing them.

Some of those may be expensive, so you may want to have an emergency fund set aside before spending a bunch on a new stereo just yet. Plus you may find that the stock system grows on you

Good luck with the car, that really is an amazing find!

As an aside, you've posted this in the wrong 'model' section. I'm sure the moderators will shortly move it for you. You may also want to post this same question in one of the 'region' sections of the forum so owners local to you can answer your question about the best audio shop in your area.