XJ XJ6 / XJR6 ( X300 ) 1995-1997

Took the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the plunge

Well guys... I did it..

After spending sometime with the 97 VDP I had over the weekend, I took the plunge and bought it. Normally I like my cars smaller and sportier, but the jag had a nice feeling to it, and it was hard to resist. Also, I think I got a pretty good price on it, so why not, right?

I should be picking it up tomorrow, and I think the only major thing that needs to be done is dealing with the rust, and giving it a new paint job afterwards.

There are a few things that I need to get however, and perhaps you guys can help me out.

I am looking for 4 new front lights, the ones on the car are fogged up, and I was thinking about changing them. Maybe for HIDS or Angel eyes or something interesting. Any ideas?

Also I am looking for some interior items that are not worn, center armrest, driver arm rest, steering wheel. The Jaguar and VDP badges on the back.

The switches for the heated seats in the back seem to be stuck in the on position. Also I need a key fob, and the chrome trim is coming off the rear passenger light, so i'll probably just replace that unit as well..

Have a few things to get done it seems..

Old 09-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Well, congratulations!

Now, for the work... you can take apart the front lights, clean them, and reseal them with some caulking, or replace them with some X300 or X308 units. I didn't go for HID on my car. I was happy just upgrading the bulbs.

Center armrest can be found on eBay, new, for $200 or so.

Depending on how bad the driver's arm rest is, you may be able to salvage it. I'd see if you can get one from a salvage yard, if not, I'd check eBay.

Again, I don't know how bad the steering wheel is, but you could probably order some leather dye and fix it yourself.

The boot badges have been seen in several places. Do some Googling, and check eBay.

The heated seats in the rear are only on if the little red light is lit. I doubt they are stuck in the on position.

Key fob, is again, eBay. Make sure you get the right frequency. Your car PROBABLY has the 413 frequency which are quite scarce. Good luck. I'm looking too.

The tail light trim is just flaking off? Right? I don't know whether or not you can get just the trim, you may have to get the whole tail light.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:13 AM

Just working on getting everything now..

Old 09-21-2010, 03:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 637 Likes on 439 Posts

Congrats, let's see the pics the later

Old 09-21-2010, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by TopHatChef
Well, congratulations!

The boot badges have been seen in several places. Do some Googling, and check eBay.

The heated seats in the rear are only on if the little red light is lit. I doubt they are stuck in the on position.
Haven't been able to find the boot badges yet, but still looking.

and the red light is on, so the heated sets seem to be stuck on..

Old 09-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

I just posted a link somewhere with all of the available boot badges available from a British parts company.

http://www.britishparts.co.uk/.sc/ms...adges-Decals/2

Found it!