XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

2000 Jaguar XJR - my baby NEEDS help putting her back together

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Jaguar XJR - my baby NEEDS help putting her back together

Hello and good evening.
I am new to the forum. I figured I could find the much needed assistance from here and from what I've been reading. There are some great talents, skills and tremendous experience flowing around in this forum.
I'm hopeful I can benefit from this superb experiences here.
If by any chance this post is in the wrong category, please forgive me and advise appropriately...Thank you.

First the car: 2000 Jaguar XJR...BEAUTIFUL black on black.

The issue at hand: the goal was to have the head gasket replaced since coolant began leaking out of the engine block where top half of the engine meets with the bottom half. It was clearly a defective head gasket. I sought out to get a tech (so he claimed) to do the job. I bought the head gasket and timing chain kits for the job.
The tech started the job but became apparent he wasn't equipped for such task. After some thoughts, I decided to terminate the agreement with him and decided to find someone with adequate skills and knowledge of the car to help finish the job.
The job is done to some extent but now need to be completed.
I have all the parts I bought as well as parts removed from the car. I ONLY NEED SOMEONE SKILLFUL TO PLEASE TAKE ON THE TASK AND FINISH THE JOB...I MISS MY BABY SO BADLY!!!!

I'm in Maryland area so someone in the area would be ideal since car can only be towed. Please help refer someone to me or refer me to someone in DC, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware.

I can explain more if more information is needed.

Please see the attached pictures to get a better picture of the condition.
I understand this will have to be a project so I'm not in a hurry to get it done quickly. Please feel free and take all the time needed to complete the task.
Oh...let me not forget...we can discuss fees.

Thank you everyone for helping sort this out. God bless all Jaguar enthusiasts!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME FIND SOMEONE CAPABLE...THANK YOU!!!

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Jaguar XJR - my baby NEEDS help putting her back together-jag3.jpg   2000 Jaguar XJR - my baby NEEDS help putting her back together-jag4.jpg   2000 Jaguar XJR - my baby NEEDS help putting her back together-jag5.jpg   2000 Jaguar XJR - my baby NEEDS help putting her back together-jag6.jpg  
Old 03-18-2016, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 987 Likes on 781 Posts

I can't help you because I'm very far away from you but, maybe you should mention whether this engine is in the middle of being disassembled or in the middle of going back together.

I just got my 98' XJR back together after a year so I feel your pain.

Good luck!

Old 03-18-2016, 07:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 861 Likes on 709 Posts

Google jaguar service DC area. Used to be an outfit in Falls Church across from beyer volvo that had an exceptional rep. The dealer in North Bethesda also has a great rep $$$$$$.

The following users liked this post:
Jaggi (03-19-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 05:40 PM

I will try that route in addition. I just want to find someone that can do this job.

Thank you for your time and the tip...I truly appreciate.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Received 90 Likes on 64 Posts

I assume you do not want the local Jaguar dealer to do the work. You may wish to contact/join your local Jaguar club & see what shop they recommend to work on Jags in your area.

You've already had one very bad experience with some guy who claimed to be able to work on Jags & was incompetent.

I have no idea about the quality of any of these:
Jaguar Repair Shops & Mechanics in Maryland | JagShops.com

The following users liked this post:
Jaggi (03-19-2016)
Old 03-19-2016, 10:17 PM

I'm not too sure the dealer would consider working on it since I bought parts from other suppliers.
They may not want to take on the responsibility of parts not purchased from their parts department.
I will look through the search link you posted and see if I get lucky.
Thank you very much for taking the time to post.