XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Clear lenses group buy.........

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2013, 01:40 AM
Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I put mine up for sale. If I don't sell the car, I will put an order in. But right now there's no point for me to proceed any further.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:23 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Nobody has put an order in yet?? Wow. Seemed like there was a lot of interest. I'm just not okay with having my credit card charged before I actually know if I'm even getting anything. That's my only sticking point

Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM
Received 92 Likes on 64 Posts

Klearz is asking a lot to have people place paid orders before anyone has seen the actual product or even if actual product will ever be produced. Yes, their other work seems top notch and I can see their point about not wanting to take the time to make the molds before they know if there are actually going to be any orders. But Jag owners tend to be a cautious lot, ones who like to see what they're buying before they jump in. I know it's asking a lot, but I really think if Klearz took the risk and just made the molds and had actual demo parts to show everybody that we'd all place orders as soon as we were shown the actual parts we'd be buying.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

If it's a legitimate business they will make a prototype set for the demand we are giving them. Write it off as marketing.

Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a little confused.????

Jaguar XJR02 very kindly sent Klearz some bits that they could use to make some prototypes. I assumed that from reading the thread that we could order the parts from Klearz once the product had been added to their website.

It would now seem that there are various different options on lenses/housings and diffusers.
Do we need 10 people to agree on the same combination for them to be made?
can we just buy the lenses and use our original housings?
Is the diffuser option to make the lenses like the original type?
I would like to order front indicators with housings, and front and rear side markers with housings but with a cost of over $400 shipped to the UK with no guarantee that they will be made its a bit of a gamble .......

So can Klearz actually make some for sale? or do we have to all agree to buy a generic set i.e just the lenses (all 6) in one colour to keep costs down and hopefully guarantee production. Also would this be a one off or would klearz then stock more ???

See I am confused and have too many questions ..........

Old 04-24-2013, 02:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've have ordered today. So come on now people. Would be nice to have them before the winter comes again.

Old 04-24-2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by jaggachafen
I've have ordered today. So come on now people. Would be nice to have them before the winter comes again.

Dude your ride is awesome! What springs do you have on it?

Old 04-26-2013, 11:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 219 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by jaggachafen
If klearz want an order of ten or more what did you order? I am after a full set but much prefer a LIGHT smoke look. (anthracite)

It appears that Jason will do better prices for an order of 15 sets of six pieces.
Then the people who just want front indicators can order them too. (yes I did have a look at his site and asked)

Surely 15 is achievable but has to all be same tint/no tint. paypal will be refunded if tally is not achieved so if you want them they is nothing to lose,I'd trust the man. $275-$300 depending on size of order.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gippsland
If klearz want an order of ten or more what did you order? I am after a full set but much prefer a LIGHT smoke look. (anthracite)

It appears that Jason will do better prices for an order of 15 sets of six pieces.
Then the people who just want front indicators can order them too. (yes I did have a look at his site and asked)

Surely 15 is achievable but has to all be same tint/no tint. paypal will be refunded if tally is not achieved so if you want them they is nothing to lose,I'd trust the man. $275-$300 depending on size of order.
Ok, 2 questions:
1) how do smoked lenses look like - where can we see the pic?
2) do we need to get housings as well or can we just use the OE housings?

I went to the company website but the pics appear for clear lenses...

Old 04-28-2013, 03:41 AM
Veteran Member

Appears to be multiple choice. Light smoke,dark smoke,clear and colours. I thought light smoke would suit most?
The housings are included,yet again multiple choices,silver and coloured etc. I would assume that all would have to agree to buy exactly the same Lens and Housings.
Seems hard to get the numbers to buy and all to decide they want the same ones. No choices would be better...either IN or OUT then.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Received 101 Likes on 76 Posts

As far as I understand Klearz just needs a certain number of orders, regardless of what lens type and housing color you select, to begin production

Klearz isn't producing the molds until they get enough orders because of how so many people are flakes on group buys once it comes time to pay up. I actually suggested he didn't produce anything until he got enough orders because that saves him money if not enough people are interested when it comes time to pay up. In the past, klearz has spent hours making the molds and producing an example lens, and then not enough people actually bought the product and he lost money on the project. That isn't fair to the business, so the "all the money up front before production" method is best.

We had more than 20 people interested in this, and now hardly anyone has ordered, so it makes sense for Klearz to not waste their time any more until they get enough orders.

I have already spent about $200 sending them the jaguar factory lenses to butcher into molds, if not enough people order, nothing will be produced, and I will have lost $200 for nothing, don't do that to me guys!

Old 04-29-2013, 03:42 AM
Veteran Member

Have seen the effort you have put into this XJR02 and the idea has been running since last year..If each added a little so you have yours at a lower price is fine by me. This thread needs to have one last run at the top to regenerate those interested.
The forum is world wide and 10-15 looking for a great and unique up-grade is a bargain.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gippsland
Have seen the effort you have put into this XJR02 and the idea has been running since last year..If each added a little so you have yours at a lower price is fine by me. This thread needs to have one last run at the top to regenerate those interested.
The forum is world wide and 10-15 looking for a great and unique up-grade is a bargain.
exactly, it seems like we should be able to get this off the ground with ease!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by JaguarXJR02
exactly, it seems like we should be able to get this off the ground with ease!
I'd like to see pics of smoked lenses for the complete set. How can we get that? Thanks

Old 05-02-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tirefriar
I'd like to see pics of smoked lenses for the complete set. How can we get that? Thanks
Klearz isn't producing anything for our cars until they get enough orders. the only way to see the smoked lenses is to look at products on their website for other cars.
some links of smoked lenses i found on the klearz website:

http://www.klearz.com/lens/suzuki/aeriosb1.jpg
http://www.klearz.com/lens/suzuki/aerioall.jpg
http://www.klearz.com/lens/944smoke.jpg

Klearz product page: ..: Klearz :..

The following users liked this post:
Tirefriar (05-03-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Is there asnyone except from me that has ordered ??

And to answer some questions.

I ordered clear ones.. i could smoke them myself if I want.

I have springs from XKZ plus springpanspacer

Old 06-04-2013, 04:05 AM
Veteran Member

I haven't. I would prefer a full set of light smoke.
How do we get this to fly? Start at square one with a new post? (again) I would trust the guy and pay upfront.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm still interested but I'm not paying up front. Sorry.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 PM

I want them... i just want them to look just like this with clear lenses/ black/ chrome housings. Maybe ill email him to see if this is an option. It's not clear at all on his site.

Attached Thumbnails Clear lenses group buy.........-976273_10151423440972540_447785561_o.jpg  
Old 06-07-2013, 04:38 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by XJR Prototype
I want them... i just want them to look just like this with clear lenses/ black/ chrome housings. Maybe ill email him to see if this is an option. It's not clear at all on his site.
Agreed, that looks smart.

Quick Reply: Clear lenses group buy.........