XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Mina Gallery Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mina Gallery Intake

I would like to share my experience with Mina Gallery with those from the forum. I ordered an intake for my '98 XJR on September 20th, 2012. I didn't read enough about before I made the purchase as I was under the impression that it came with new intake piping, but despite that fact under the description it said the intake would come with a high performance chrome air filter, custom power coated heat shield, MAF spacer and install hardware. Now I received a cheap non-chrome intake filter, a heat shield and some nuts and bolts. It did not come with a MAF spacer and the MAF itself is too thick to fit through the opening for the intake piping which is what the MAF spacer would be for (another chunk of intake pipe with a smaller diameter that would go on the end of the MAF, through the heat shield and then allow the filter on the end of it). Extremely pissed off that the product description was a lie and that it was missing pieces and couldn't believe I just paid for this, I called the company. Got a return #, returned the intake. I paid for tracking and delivery confirmation on the package. 3 weeks go by, package was confirmed as delivered. I called the company numerous times only to get an answer when I called from a different phone # than my own. The man claimed they never received it and it could have been sent to their other location? (even though I put the address down that he gave me). Needless to say I was never issued a refund. So all in all my experience with Mina Gallery was a very shitty one, poor customer service, poor quality products and lying.

They also changed the description of the intake for the '98 XJR to say performance intake filter instead of a chrome one.

Old 01-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 153 Likes on 132 Posts

Mina intake is not worth to invest in my opioin, I installed a universal intake by cutting the OEM intake box top cover and the cold intake sits on top the box location.

much cheaper than Mina intake

Old 01-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well surprising update today, finally got a hold of the company and they did issue a refund. So in the end it did work out but it took nearly 4 months. I ended up going with a cone filter from autozone. Works just as well, will probably bend up some sheet metal and powder coat it for a heat shield.