XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

new to this

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to this

own 97 xk8, low miles, love the car. a couple of issues. cig lighter does not work, need it to charge my phone, fuse indicator in the trunk says c14-20. pulled the interior panel where the fuses are and its graph shows it only goes up to c7, where is c14. i assume the amp (?) of the fuse is 20, correct?

2nd- speakers are shot and radio needs updating, took it to a local trusted audio place they want over $800 to replace all speakers and put in bluetooth audio streaming kit and fm antenna adapters so i can utilize my iPhone for my music, would you take it to a dealer?

how do u get the valet off?

Old 12-15-2013, 05:25 PM
Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

lrg3isme,

If actually mean an XK, you would be better off to post in the XK Forum.

Even if you have an XJ, not an XK, I would not suggest going to a dealer to do the audio upgrade you propose.

Valet should be turned off if you've opened the car with the fob or using the regular key in the driver's door.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,786 Likes on 2,229 Posts

Welcome to the forums. When you have time, please visit the new member area and introduce yourself:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...-intro-must-5/

You can also cancel the valet function by using the black key to unlock the trunk.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lrg3isme
own 97 xk8, low miles, love the car. a couple of issues. cig lighter does not work, need it to charge my phone, fuse indicator in the trunk says c14-20. pulled the interior panel where the fuses are and its graph shows it only goes up to c7, where is c14. i assume the amp (?) of the fuse is 20, correct?

2nd- speakers are shot and radio needs updating, took it to a local trusted audio place they want over $800 to replace all speakers and put in bluetooth audio streaming kit and fm antenna adapters so i can utilize my iPhone for my music, would you take it to a dealer?

how do u get the valet off?
Sorry i posted to the wrong link, as is said 'new to this' i will re-post to xk8. thanks to those who responded to my questions