XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Requesting EWD for Alpine Premium Sound Sys, Non-Nav

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 06:54 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Requesting EWD for Alpine Premium Sound Sys, Non-Nav

01 XJR, Alpine Premium system w/ 6CD and w/o Navi.

Does anyone have the wiring diagrams for this? I'm going to be adding a sub in the trunk and want to tap the wires coming from the HU to the stock amp, and I'd like to know which ones provide which signal. Any other info you have on the wiring or things to know about the system would be great.
I don't want to tap the wires going to the stock 6x9 "sub" because I want to set my own x-over points.

Thanks!

Old 02-07-2009, 04:04 PM

Bump - I'm sure someone's got a link to one or something...

Old 02-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Received 59 Likes on 12 Posts

The electrical guide wont help you with the wiring between the head and the amp. It is proprietary Alpine and is not called out in the guide. The only wiring that is called out is coming out of the amp.

Old 02-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I taped in after the AMP workes like a gem wouldn´t know anyplace to find an EWD though. I also remowed the original 6x9. it was a bit of a hasle but the audio works fantastic with 2x10" Ultimate subs in a bassworx box and an Alpine d-class 400rms watt amp

Old 02-08-2009, 06:16 PM

Really? That sucks. Thanks for letting me know RT.

Jagga, I don't like the crossover points from the stock amp. It's missing a segment.
I originally was just going to plug n play a new 6x9 in there, went to all the work of dismantling the back of the car and putting an Infinity 6x9 back.....to find out the basket was too wide . I left the old 6x9 out, I'm going to be running a 12" DVC Infinity sub off an Alpine V-Power, but I figured since I was going to go to all that hassle I might as well get the crossover points I want.

Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Received 59 Likes on 12 Posts

Out of curiosity how did you determine the stock amps crossover point? I have an Infinity Basslink box I was going to put in place of the stock 6x9 and use the existing wiring for the sub but now you have made me wonder. I wanted to use the original wiring so that the sub level could still be controlled by the head unit.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:57 AM

I agree, I would've rather used the original wiring for the sub control as well.

I don't have a good numerical value, but my statement comes from 2 things:
-There are several songs I have that have bass that's sort of between the deep bass extreme and the low notes we can hear but not feel too much. I can feel and hear these segments very clear on my home systems and in previous audio systems in past cars, but there's just an empty space on this.
-I have seen frequency distribution graphs for other vehicles, and for reasons I can't figure out they always fade the subs out very low and the midbass out too high, leaving a gap where some frequencies come through at far too low of a volume comparatively. I was missing similar sections on those vehicles and to my ear it sounds the same.

Now, I might try hooking up the sub I've got to the stock sub wiring and see if perhaps just having more power to the sub will get me enough of those frequencies with no crossover limitations. If not, I'll just tap into the wires running to the amp, once I figure out what the hell they are....haha, and run the amp low-passed around 90hz is my guess.

While I'm at it, do any of you know of a good grounding point in the rear that can handle the current?