XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

Still Got it, Still For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 470 Likes on 352 Posts
Default Still Got it, Still For Sale

Hello Chaps, I've not been on here for a while. As some of you may know about 6 months ago I switched models to a 05 X Type Diesel, because I need to save up some money. I just thought I'd let you know I still have my XJ8 and it is still for sale. Below is a list of what has been done to the car and some info about it. I'll also put a ad on this site too for anyone who may be interested.

1999 Jaguar XJ8. Began life as a standard 3.2 but is now a high spec 4.0.

Suspension – Sports damping with front and rear anti role bars - 17” Celtic wheels with Falken Tyres

Engine – up-rated 2001 4.0 litre steel lined engine (no nikasil issue) with the latest generation metal timing chain tensioners, guides and chains. All OEM supplied.

This car is still registered as a 3.2 Litre so you benefit from lower insurance premiums and road tax.

Along with this work, injector service, seals and gaskets and rebuilt to factory specification – pictures included. Engine cleaned, detailed, parts detailed checked and replaced with later parts if required including pulley bearings belts refresh etc. A very strong engine.

New water pump thermostat and up rated aluminium thermostat tower.

Jaguar technician engine remap for economy and performance.

Transmission – fully serviced up-rated 4.0 litre 2001 ZF ....not the early version with A-drum issues.

Axles and Brakes – recent brake fluid flush. Pads and discs show minimal wear.

Car runs with the 3.2 differential ratio performance is only bettered by the XJR with twice the economy.

Interior – Daimler Super V8 Auto-lux Connolly leather interior from Jaguar’s Special Vehicles Operations trim shop at Brown’s Lane. The same interior the Queen sits in, the very best for this model of car.

Body – recent body protection to the front inner wings. Minor dents, some clear coat lifting on the rear bumper.

Equipment –

Jaguar Factory Detachable Tow Bar fitted, single electrics with an option for double.
Trailer Number Plate included
Rare Jaguar Chrome Front Splitter
Jaguar Chrome Rear lamp surrounds
Jaguar Warning Triangle in Boot
Full size spare wheel, Pirelli Tyre instead of listing these, take pictures of a clean boot, they might want to take it away…
Wheels are 17 Inch Celtic alloys, good condition.
Chrome Exhaust tips, excellent condition
Jaguar Factory Mud Guards x4
Air Con refreshed 6 months ago and works great
Jaguar Tool Kit under bonnet

6 Disc CD changer fitted
Factory Head unit with tape unit
Factory Alpine speakers fitted from Premium sound system (Full Premium system not fitted, but easy upgrade, just needs the amp and the subwoofer)
Jaguar Wood burl Gear Knob
Full SVO Daimler Super V8 Ivory Leather interior fitted, Hand laid bookmatched dash wood in Walnut burl including cup holder arm rest door switches gear surround and walnut burl overhead console.
Deep centre console cubby box.
Heated Front Seats
Option to wire up rear seats for heated function
Chrome Grab handle finishers
1/2 wood steering wheel with stereo controls
3x position Memory Driver's seat
Passenger seat can be moved from rear seats
Jaguar Factory Mats
Factory Rear sun blinds and leather parcel shelf
Brand New Heated Front windscreen fitted in March
Fully functioning electric aerial
Umbrella holder under boot lid
Auto Headlights
Auto dimming rear view mirror with latest gel glass.
Cruise Control
Sport Mode
Traction Control
Jaguar Factory Sports mesh grille
3 Keys inc. Valet key and 2 remotes. One works, I think the other just needs a battery.
Power Steering has a modification, a switch to reduce the amount of assistance it gives to give you more road feel at low speeds. Switched on for parking, off for pressing on.

The windscreen washers are heated versions from an X300 which I haven't wired up yet, but didn't freeze at all last winter.

Very Good Bosch Silver Battery, new last year.

The (few) bad bits.
OK It's a 13 year old car, who's body has done 152,000 miles. The engine has only done around 110,000 miles, but with the work we've done won't need anything other than plugs and oil changes for at least another 120K.

There are a few little minor things on the body, mainly the 3 dings along the driver’s side. A good body man or paintless dent removal firm could sort them though. There are a couple of road rash marks on the front bumper.

This is a very good car which never let me down and carried me around Europe in total comfort and confidence. I have looked after this car as if it were a child, and it has been valeted twice every month during my ownership and all fluid levels have always been maintained at maximum. I am very sad to have to sell this car, but I do have a genuine reason for sale.

A mountain of receipts to show this work has been carried out along with highly detailed picture portfolio, this will be piece of mind to the proud new owner.

The new owner has the option to take away with them a selection of spare parts including 3 spare alloy wheels.

There are a number of XJ’s to choose from, but do they have EVERY known issues dealt with?

A unique honest Jaguar.

Stu.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Received 280 Likes on 176 Posts

Well, the curiosity took over,......I wil not buy it and import it to California, but I am curious what is the car worth in the UK? (and I know that ANYTHING is worth only what someone else is willing to pay, but still)

Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 470 Likes on 352 Posts

In the UK big Jags like the XJ8 have a low value mainly down to the fact that the majority of 2nd or 3rd owners will not have cared for them as well as the enthusiasts you find on the forums. For every one looked after example of the XJ8, there are 10 lemons which will be in a poor state. However mine has been looked after, cared for and had no expense spared on it, which is why it has a value above what the average is on ebay.

My Granddad always said "Buy Cheap, Buy Twice". Well I may be asking for more than the "Mondeo Money" these cars attract but you won't need to buy twice.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 205 Likes on 188 Posts

you need to post pics