XJ XJ8 / XJR ( X308 ) 1997 - 2003

XJR Bonnet Liner

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 09:49 PM
Received 42 Likes on 30 Posts
Default XJR Bonnet Liner

Hello everyone, I just bought a very nice 2001 XJR with 51k miles (see pics). When I bought it, the bonnet cable was broken, but the car looked great and drove well, and the seller discounted his price more than the dealer estimate to repair it. Thanks to this forum, my friends and I popped the bonnet Saturday and installed a new cable assembly; I found also need the release lever and that’s on its way. Everything under the bonnet looks great with the exception of the liner, which is a bit rough. I’ve scoured all the usual sources (this is my third Jaguar) and cannot find a replacement. Any ideas? Much appreciated!

Old 04-16-2019, 07:47 AM
Received 258 Likes on 210 Posts

The part # is HND2640AC, per the diagram below. I haven't scoured sites looking, but the ones I've seen, most list it as unavailable. So you might have to resort to ebay and such, getting creative with keywords, XJ8, X308, bonnet liner, hood liner, etc.

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/u...trunk-fittings

Last edited by CharlzO; 04-16-2019 at 07:50 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by CharlzO
The part # is HND2640AC, per the diagram below. I haven't scoured sites looking, but the ones I've seen, most list it as unavailable. So you might have to resort to ebay and such, getting creative with keywords, XJ8, X308, bonnet liner, hood liner, etc.

https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/u...trunk-fittings
Thanks, I was able to find the part number and I’ve searched eBay and Google extensively. I’ll keep looking!

Old 04-16-2019, 11:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,768 Likes on 1,302 Posts

I was searching around for a replacement for mine awhile back and this site was the only one that had it I came across.
https://www.carparts-pros.com/page_1_3.php#oeformo

Thing is, for $338 (plus bulk shipping), I'll live with the couple of dings in my insulation.

But I did look at going the custom route and found folks who were using aircraft firewall insulation to custom make liners. Thing is the gentlemen who was the main go to guy, passed away in 2014...I haven't seen anyone pick up the ball, so you may have to make your own going that route.

Very nice find btw...looks great Gator8.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Highhorse
I was searching around for a replacement for mine awhile back and this site was the only one that had it I came across.
https://www.carparts-pros.com/page_1_3.php#oeformo

Thing is, for $338 (plus bulk shipping), I'll live with the couple of dings in my insulation.

But I did look at going the custom route and found folks who were using aircraft firewall insulation to custom make liners. Thing is the gentlemen who was the main go to guy, passed away in 2014...I haven't seen anyone pick up the ball, so you may have to make your own going that route.

Very nice find btw...looks great Gator8.
Thanks very much; I feel very fortunate to have become its caretaker. I bought it from the son of a lady who had owned it since 2002; she had to give it up when her vision declined. It was definitely her baby!