XJ40 ( XJ81 ) 1986 - 1994

DIY projects

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Received 105 Likes on 93 Posts
Default DIY projects

I was at it again today. Thought to put up a few pics in case someone else wants to have at it. First I had a small piece of rubber missing from the exterior rubber that runs along the drivers door window, it has been making me nuts looking at it. Easy fix. remove door panel, take the mirror off. Pull out the old one, place in a new one. While the door panel was off I replaced the wood modeling to. On the right and left hand side of the VCM and light switch panel, the display for the cruise control and headlights were distorted when I put my lights on. Another thing making me nuts to look at. I pulled it out.
I had taken one that looked very sharp and clean from the junk yard today, it was from a 94. The guts are not the same! It bummed me out, so I had to get creative. I knew there must be a way to get the lenses out and just replace them. I did, and it works. Very sharp now when the lights are on. I also changed the 2 bulbs that light up the odometer, mine were shot.

Pics: Chip in rubber. VCM console unattached, distorted display, inside of the display, new lens, where the lens hides.

Attached Thumbnails DIY projects-chip2.jpg   DIY projects-instrument1.jpg   DIY projects-instrument3.jpg   DIY projects-instrument4.jpg   DIY projects-instrument5.jpg  

DIY projects-instrument6.jpg  
Old 11-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be glad when intro member status is over so I can see these pics