XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

79 XJ6 with Interjag Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 79 XJ6 with Interjag Conversion

Just got my first Jag and would like to have experienced similar Jag owners to brain-storm with. I have a 79 XJ6 with Interjag conversion to a 79 Chevy 305 & 350 Turbo tranny. It has been rarely used for many years (tire made in 91 with good tread.) Finding little things and know there will be more and need brains to pick!! Right now we're trying to figure out the hodge podge of plug wires that need to be changed. I'm a slow typist but would love to talk on the phone.

Old 10-13-2014, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,953 Likes on 5,297 Posts

Hello, Coolgram, congratulations on acquiring your first, and in my opinion, most beautiful ever, Jaguar!

My conversion was done by Interjag and the plug wiring certainly is Not a hodge podge. It's neatly done and well arranged.
Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum - LnrB's Album: Garage - Nix - Picture
I'm guessing someone in the intervening years fooled with it, perhaps more than a little bit.

One critical thing you must see to though, get rid of those tires and get new ones!! I know whereof I speak! See this thread:https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...are-me-124332/ If tires are more than about 4 years old they must not be used for anything but a spare!

As for your conversion, I'll help you with anything I can. Mine suffered from neglect and deferred maintenance for about 10 years before husband bought it for me but after a year's effort I have it pretty well sorted out.

However, I have a 700R4 and I'm not familiar with the 350 turbo. But being a Chevy they made Jillions of them. If you find a proper repair manual for both your engine and trans you'll be far ahead of where you are now.

When you get a chance drop by the New Members area and post an introduction: New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum
That way everyone will know you're here.
Welcome to the forums from ElinorB.
(';')

The following users liked this post:
coolgram (10-13-2014)
Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank You

Not Forum savvy, my first time. I'll try to figure it out.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 8,953 Likes on 5,297 Posts

Just click on the links (the blue colored text) I sent. They'll take you right to everything I talked about.
(';')

Last edited by LnrB; 10-13-2014 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-14-2014, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Coolgram:

Welcome. I got my 83 in 2001. My education on forums and Jaguars began then.
And, the wonders of the web as well. I have learned a lot, but am still learning.
My son thought I was nuts when I got the Jaguar. My dear late wife loved it. It was/is her Jaguar. For me to maintain, fix and drive, her to enjoy!!!

It came as a 4.2 OHC. but, a calamity occurred. It is now powered by a donor engine and transmission from a 94 Cadillac Fleetwood brougham, aka small block Chevrolet.
I refer to it as English elegance, with an Italian flair and dependable American power.

A huge jump in my learning curve from old tech point and condensors and carbs to electronic ignition and fuel injection.

Yet with a lot of help, some by forums, I managed to get it up and running and past SMOG.

Don't sweat the typing issue. I learned to type on a manual machine. the onset of the electrics destroyed that. .I've degressed to a modified "hunt and peck". Not good, lots of typos, but, I get my point across.

And, when I produce a paper, a good word program and spell check and I can make it look very presentable.

If you don't know how yet, learn to solder ands use shrink tubing to clean up wire messes. Cleaning of electrical contacts and connectors fixes a plethora of Jaguar trouble.

Enjoy!!

Carl

The following users liked this post:
coolgram (10-15-2014)