XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Budget Tappet valve guide fix

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Budget Tappet valve guide fix

Hi everyone. New to forum from South Africa. Just started a "restoration" of an xj6 s2 in the car park at work. Recently relocated to another state leaving behind my small block chevy powed lwb s2 in my parent's garage back home(with all my tools!!). Weekends were driving me nuts so I bought an s2 to keep me busy. Owner says it hasn't run succinct it caught fire. Found out the AED was junk. Drop kicked it into the bin and replaced with an xjs injector with a push button trigger. With that sorted I replaced all the burned harness and started setting the timing. he ticking noise didn't go away. Figured it must be the valve guide. Not surprisingly cylinder 5 was bring clobbered by the cam lobe. Importing a stake down kit to sa is expensive so I decided to go the screw in method. Let me know what you think. Going to start it next week after the thread sealer drys. Fingers crossed. Please keep in mind that I was working in a parking lot with no power with cheap tools. Lol the garage car park
Junk aed. it's job is to over fuel your car and burn it to the ground
Cam lobes protected and oil galley sealed
What a bugger it was trying to keep a hand drill centered on the counter sink part
Dodgey Rtv as temporary gasket until i know for sure fix worked
Doesnt look pretty but hoping it will be functional