Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inner turmoil and reflection

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Inner turmoil and reflection

Hmmm....

The past couple months, mainly the past couple weeks, have been an interesting and difficult time. Almost daily, I go out to the garage and uncover the front left corner of the car and just stare at it. I love it, the existing lines, the new ones. Seeing something that I fell in love with as my first car, and something I've designed and built as my first custom car. But every time I open my small shed just adjacent, I see the engine and trans, just decaying, sitting in dry-rotted tires, it makes me sad. Sad seeing the engineering and brilliance that someone assembled by hand somewhere in Coventry. What I think I'm trying to say is, I need another one. I want another XJ s 1, 2 or 3, that I want to be all original. A real tribute to what they used to be, and what they still are.

So my search beings! Luckily I have already found one! Going to check out a non-original but rust free s2 xj6 next week.

The following users liked this post:
thedugger1 (02-23-2016)
Old 02-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sunchip
Hmmm....

The past couple months, mainly the past couple weeks, have been an interesting and difficult time. Almost daily, I go out to the garage and uncover the front left corner of the car and just stare at it. I love it, the existing lines, the new ones. Seeing something that I fell in love with as my first car, and something I've designed and built as my first custom car. But every time I open my small shed just adjacent, I see the engine and trans, just decaying, sitting in dry-rotted tires, it makes me sad. Sad seeing the engineering and brilliance that someone assembled by hand somewhere in Coventry. What I think I'm trying to say is, I need another one. I want another XJ s 1, 2 or 3, that I want to be all original. A real tribute to what they used to be, and what they still are.

So my search beings! Luckily I have already found one! Going to check out a non-original but rust free s2 xj6 next week.
I know your pain well, after having the opportunity to drive an all original Vanden Plas, and feeling the comparison to my lump, I had to have them both. So now I find my lump on jackstands getting upgraded farther, while I enjoy the original Vanden Plas, I regret nothing about my decision.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,359 Likes on 790 Posts

I get that. I feel the same way about my XJ Coupe albeit a lump. It's running well but lots of finishing to do. I do hope to have an all original v12 Series 3 some day.

Old 02-23-2016, 07:17 PM
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Glad to hear Im not the only one going through this, I would love to hear everyone elses stories too

Old 02-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 315 Likes on 191 Posts

I have a Series II V12, Series III VDP, Series III Sovereign and an X350. I would love to have either a Series I, a 420G or a Mark X. I know some day I will. XKE is my dream Jag but well outside my price range.