XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interior C Pillar Code/Color

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Interior C Pillar Code/Color

Does anybody know what the interior paint code or color name would be for the C pillars on my 87 XJ6 with a biscuit (ADE) interior.
I intend on installing the VDP opera lights and I would like to paint/dye the plastic trim piece to match the C pillar color.
Also, any suggestions as to where to purchase the paint?
Leatherique? World Upholstery? Other? Those places seem to have "dyes" for leather. Not sure if it would work on a plastic piece.
Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Interior C Pillar Code/Color-100_2040.jpg  
Old 10-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

I believe that color is "Doeskin" . The opera lights switched to the interior trim color if I recall. My 88 series 3 has it in doeskin, and I've a spare from an earlier model year that is black

Old 10-23-2015, 07:10 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Warlock,
I concur. I dug out some old Jag leather samples last night I forgot I had. Doeskin sample matches perfectly.
If you could expand on your comment about the opera light trim piece matching interior trim color. Do you mean that since I have a biscuit interior (seats, console, etc.) that the opera light trim piece would be biscuit, and not doeskin, the color of the c pillar?
Thanks.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

The A-B-C- pillar trim, cantrail trim, and sunvisors used to be black until 1986 or so...when Jaguar went to lighter colors.

I recall that two or three different colors were used, depending on the primary interior color. Doeskin sounds right, and perhaps [something like] sandstone and oatmeal? I can't remember for sure but the trim color combination charts are in the parts catalogs. I think two colors were used for the headlining as well.

The idea was that one of the three lighter colors wouldn't be glaringly ugly against the primary interior color.

Cheers
DD