XJ6 & XJ12 Series I, II & III 1968-1992
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rat damage

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Rat damage

Recently I thought my beloved Dijon was having clogged fuel injector issues. Tried to drive it one day and it was evident only a couple of cyliders were firing, so had it towed my mechanic. Upon inspection, he found four of the six spark plug wires were totally chewed through. And, the wiring harness was chewed into badly. And, insulation had been pulled out of the firewall and used to make a nest between the cylinder heads, which was also full of pecans, acorns and junk. Luckily, my comprehensive insurance covers this damage (less the deductible of course). Jeff said they've seen this more than once. I expect the wiring harness fix will be the worst/most expensive. Oh, and when my husband backed the car down our long driveway to get it down to the tow truck, he was walking back up to the house and saw he'd just run over a huge rat. In the middle of the day, in the middle of the driveway. Huh? How'd that get there? We didn't put two and two together until informed of the full damage and nest. Sucker fell out and got squished.

Caris