Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XJ6 XJ12 body styling bodykits help. Lister and Koenig

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 02:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default XJ6 XJ12 body styling bodykits help. Lister and Koenig

Guys,
I'm searching for a body styling kit- bodykit for the XJ6 and XJ12 saloon and coupe.
I'm trying to track down a complete or parts of the Lister or Koenig kit. It consisted of the front spoiler/bumper cover, rear bumper cover and side skirts (also called sill covers, rocker extensions?)
I'm happy to ship from anywhere.
I think in the USA the kit may have been sold as a Lister kit rather than Koenig?
Apparently, Jim Dalton from Hot Rod Magazine built an XJ12C with this kit and it is recorded as being a Lister kit.
The kit may be available from Jag Prestige Spares in Australia. The guys there appear very busy and a bit slow in responding and couldn't supply any clear images of the kit. has anyone had experience of Jag Prestige Spares, or have seen the kit?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails XJ6 XJ12 body styling bodykits help. Lister and Koenig-img_0788.jpg   XJ6 XJ12 body styling bodykits help. Lister and Koenig-img_0776.jpg   XJ6 XJ12 body styling bodykits help. Lister and Koenig-img_0748.jpg   XJ6 XJ12 body styling bodykits help. Lister and Koenig-img_0747.jpg   XJ6 XJ12 body styling bodykits help. Lister and Koenig-img_0709.jpg  

Old 03-12-2017, 04:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 425 Likes on 325 Posts

I have no affiliation with Jag Prestige, but they are local to me and I've used them often. I can tell you they have a great reputation and I've only ever experienced excellent service. Deal with Phil if you can, they do deal internationally.

Sorry I can't help you with info on the body kit (it's not my thing I'm afraid!!)

Old 03-12-2017, 04:46 PM

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your quick reply and good words for the guys at Jag Prestige. My intention is to see if any leads appear in the next couple of weeks closer to home and if not I will ring Phil direct and arrange a chat about the kit they offer and hopefully come up with a deal.
Cheers,
Andy

Old 03-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 306 Likes on 218 Posts

Previous threads on this subject have drawn a blank, as I recall, with the kit (under either name) being a rare beast, these days. So I'll follow this thread closely to see if any progress has been made. I think there may even be enough customer interest to warrant another small production run, if not by Koenig, they might be interested in licensing out the rights. I know I'd be interested in getting one, if the quality was good & the price was right. Other than that, a thorough search of the internet might reveal an unsold kit lurking down the back shelves of a warehouse somewhere. Though I doubt it, & God knows what they'd want for it. Or you might find a used kit at a Jag Wrecker's that could be refurbished. But again, they're sure to know how rare they are, & charge accordingly.
Good luck with the search, & I hope you're luckier than previous searchers.

Last edited by scatcat; 03-12-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:02 PM

Hi, thanks for you reply.
I have managed to contact Walther Koenig who owns Koenig-Specials in Germany. He was very interested in my request, but unfortunately he informed me the the moulds for the XJ6/XJ12 bodykit were destroyed many years ago........ the search continues.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 306 Likes on 218 Posts

Wow! You really are looking under every rock. Aren't you?
If anyone deserves to turn up that long lost, last kit. It's someone with the dedication & perseverance that you're exhibiting. You have my genuine good wishes that your search is successful.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default koenig body kit

Originally Posted by Clouder
Guys,
I'm searching for a body styling kit- bodykit for the XJ6 and XJ12 saloon and coupe.
I'm trying to track down a complete or parts of the Lister or Koenig kit. It consisted of the front spoiler/bumper cover, rear bumper cover and side skirts (also called sill covers, rocker extensions?)
I'm happy to ship from anywhere.
I think in the USA the kit may have been sold as a Lister kit rather than Koenig?
Apparently, Jim Dalton from Hot Rod Magazine built an XJ12C with this kit and it is recorded as being a Lister kit.
The kit may be available from Jag Prestige Spares in Australia. The guys there appear very busy and a bit slow in responding and couldn't supply any clear images of the kit. has anyone had experience of Jag Prestige Spares, or have seen the kit?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Hello , i have a koenig body kit for jaguar xj12 , are you still looking ? im new to this site and not sure how to reply or contact you ? so maybe you can get back to me ? thanks

The following users liked this post:
Clouder (09-15-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 05:51 PM

Hi 63mkX, yes I am very interested. Could you send me some details and some photos to ansarcloud@aol.com
Thanks

Old 11-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

That blue XJC has been on eBay for two months or more. The seller was down to a Buy It Now of $8500 last time around.

Old 12-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Received 218 Likes on 138 Posts

I would be interested in a Lister/ Koenig Body kit for a Series 3? What happened to the one from 63mkX?

Old 12-22-2020, 12:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone ever end up getting a kit?
im looking for a front spoiler for a series 3 see whats there before i have to make one!