XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

6.0 no spark, no injector pulse

Old 07-03-2019, 04:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 no spark, no injector pulse

Hi,

after 1 year I tried to start it; just cranks, fuel ok, but no spark and no injectors pulse.

I bought a new crankcase sensor (front of the engine), replace it but nothing

could you please help with any ideas
engine V12 6.0 from 1994

thank you

Old 07-03-2019, 10:03 PM
Received 5,826 Likes on 4,175 Posts

There is also another at the rear, and that has been known to give grief.

Warren is the Marelli, 6ltr, Guru, and he will appear soon.

OB, Orangeblossom, has done heaps to his, and when to rain stops in the UK, he will slide in also.

My experience with them is almost zero.

Old 07-05-2019, 06:45 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,117 Likes on 1,637 Posts

Hi sososs

First off, I don't have any experience with a 1995 6.0L XJS

But I do have a 1995 4.0L XJS that had exactly the same problem as yourself and I also fitted a New Crank Position Sensor which Spectacularly failed to solve my 'No Start Problem'

Where never having worked on that kind of Engine before, I don't mind admitting that I was totally lost, so following the suggestions I was given on this Forum, I was only too willing to try every trick in the book

Except no matter what I tried nothing would get her to Start, until I had a suggestion from a guy called 'Paddy' who was told about this on 'another forum' where having tried everything else I would say that this was the last throw of the dice

Where I am pleased to say that it Worked! and was such a simple 'Fix' that my XJS Starts on the button

So while I don't know how your Car Compares to the way that my Car is wired up, as my knowledge of Auto Electrics is about Zero!

Its got to be worth a 'Shot in the Dark' to see if this 'Fix' works and gets your Car Started

Underneath the Passenger Side 'Knee Pad' of a (UK) Car is a Panel that undoes with a Coin and behind this is a multitude of Fuses, although instead of touching those, if you look just above them there are Two Blue Relays

Which may not even be there on your Car, as my Car is a 4.0L and your Car is a 6.0L

But in the event those Blue Relays are there, these is a possibility that the Blades on those Blue Relays can sometimes be a loose fit, so as I didn't have any other type, I removed and then reinserted those Relays and even swapped one for the other

Where after having done so, I just turned the Key and then She Started!

And this was after Weeks of trying just about everything else and so its gotta be worth a Shot

You can read all about the Tricks I tried including the very last one, that got my Car Started, on Page: 96 of my 'Cherry Blossom' restoration thread and here is the Link

How I got my XJS 4.0L Engine Started but only after trying every trick in the book

Last edited by orangeblossom; 07-05-2019 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,450 Likes on 1,654 Posts

The first thing I would check are the front and rear crank sensors. These are primary inputs to the Marelli ECU without them there will be no spark and no tach signal from the Marelli to the Lucas.