XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

ACS sunroof and headliner

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ACS sunroof and headliner

Hello

In my 1988 XJS I have a XJS sunroof. It seems maybe a couple small parts are broke and I'd like to replace so it is all working properly again. Does anyone know what model ACS sunroof was used in these cars? Anyone have a parts breakdown or know where to look on. The sunroof for a model number etc? I have sent a email to ACS asking these questions also and will keep you posted if I find out anything. Below is one part that is broke it seems. And I need a new seal that goes on glass. Plus the duct taped box is a sunroof item I'd like to see if there is a replacement for also.

Also who made the "biscuits" for the sides and front and rear for a headliner when a sunroof was installed?? Looks like some of the headliner is just glued to foam on the sunroof body...then a left and right side "biscuit" covers from the sunroof to the door trim and then there is a piece for the front and rear also. Any ideas?
[IMG]https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.jaguarforums.com-vbulletin/2000x1504/80-image_ce48ad529b8a6a702b6f9

8758bafb73335e7efca.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts

I have the same sunroof (will be ditching it as parts are unobtainable).

The headliner is just simple parts of the factory board (orangey fibre board/press fire glass). The rear is glued arou d the back corner, then screwed into the roof carrier and then tugged to the front. The area around the sunroof is glued to a foam piece. The sides - on mine - were glued to the upper roof rails/panels behind the padded edge pieces...

Afaik the sunroof is a Hollandia model. Hollandia was bought by Webasto and all older parts (everything until around 1995) are simply not available. At least mine is a Hollandia and it looks identical.

Old 12-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I actually have a pic

I have a pic of the ACS logo on the plastic interior piece you have to remove to get glass off. See pic below. What are you going to do with hole if you ditch sunroof? Install a new one or ?

Old 12-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Veteran Member

Just seen, you are in America... EU models had the Hollandia ones.

I'll have the hole filled with a piece of roof of another XJ-S.

Old 12-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

ASC = American Sunroof Corporation

For decades ASC worked with the big car makers to install sunroofs and convertible tops, and designed T-Tops and the like. Many 'factory' convertibles and sunroof cars were ASC creations.

ASC used to have affiliate locations all over the county who did such work for private owners and car dealerships. In the USA, a car with a 'dealer installed' sunroof had almost certainly been sent to a local ASC outlet for the installation.

The parent ASC Coorporation in Southgate Michigan was closed and dissolved a number of years ago but it appears that (at least) one outfit that has taken up the banner.......

American Sunroof Corporation

I'm not sure what their actual relationship is or was with the original ASC but it might worth contacting them.

Cheers
DD

Old 12-05-2016, 08:04 AM
Veteran Member

And 1 click onto ASC and I see, they use Webasto units and they are named "Hollandia" Mine is a Hollandia before Webasto bought the company.