XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

air conditioner working but....

Old 07-11-2016, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default air conditioner working but....

My A/C on my 93 XJS has been recharged by my local indie mechanic, and it blows nice cold air from every vent all the time. It seems there is considerable cold air moving through the defrost vents as well as the back seat vents that flows up by my arm next to the console. I placed some rolled up fabric to force the air out of the panel vents and it was somewhat enjoyable, (here in TX it is hot now). However when I turned a corner my passenger/spousal unit screamed as cold water sloshed out of the A/C and got her on the foot. Two questions: after looking at the repair manual and parts diagrams, are there some vacuum hoses that I could replace easily without tearing open the dash to change the venting? Also, is there a drain hose quick fix for the A/C?

Following the threads on overheating, my temp gauge will move from left of "N" while moving, over to, straight up and covering the "N", while stuck in traffic. Is this about what I should expect?

Thanks for your replies

Old 07-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,508 Likes on 1,175 Posts

Not sure if your car is the same as my 96, from an AC perspective, but if you look underneath you might see a blue rubbery tube. That may have gotten disconnected and will send some condensate to the passengers foot.

Even if it's not blue, look underneath and you might just spit something tubing that became undone.