XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Alarm system

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 06:19 PM
Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Alarm system

Hello,
First off I know nothing about this thing. When I push the button on my key to lock my car, it will lock, then immediately unlock (click-click). The switch on the door will do the same thing (click-click). So, my guess is I need to take the door apart to look over the locking mechanism? This may or may not be associated with this issue, but when I disconnect the battery and reconnect it, the alarm system will start a beep- beep-beep and the LED in the car will blink. When I push the button on my key, it will let out a short deep beep and it does not seem to matter if I hold the button down for 10+ seconds or press it several times, it won't stop. Last time I drove it around for a while and then I could shut it off. Thanks!

Old 11-09-2016, 07:20 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

When you push the button watch the lock levers on both doors, one of them is most likely sticking which will make the system unlock itself. lubricate the latches will usually fix the problem. When the system beeps after disconnecting the battery it is searching for remotes to sync with. If you only have one remote press and release the button and the horn will sound- repeat this 5 times. If you have more than one remote alternate pushing them until you get to five times.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:51 PM

I took the panel off the drivers side and lubricated everything, then I worked it to death. Seems to be all right now. I did the 5 time with the remote and that worked great. Thanks for the help! Frank

Old 11-11-2016, 12:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,410 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by 93xjs6cyl
Hello,
First off I know nothing about this thing.
Hello Frank, and great to hear you have solved this problem. In view of your seeking such knowledge (aren't we all?) I suggest you review the Stickies at the top of this section . . . especially the "HOW TOs . . ."

Lots of priceless info, manuals, wiring diagrams, fuse and bulb allocations . . . and much, much more. So also the forum's Search Tools which you can use to seek out even more help.

Cheers,

Ken

Old 11-11-2016, 08:38 AM

cat_as_trophy,
I will. Thanks!

Old 11-11-2016, 04:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

I'm glad it worked out for you.