XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

A/C Controls

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C Controls

Ok guys need a little help haven't really been able to work this out in a year, might have something to do with the a/c system pump is crapped out. So I'm getting a replacement next week, and i need to know how i use it properly, i noticed that the temp dial(one on passenger side) can be pulled or pushed (click in or out) what does this control?? is that how i set it to stay on as manual and always blow out of centre vent??

Thanks for any help guys i just wished i had the manual for my car but the prev owner lost it and as of yet i can't find anywhere that i can get one from :-( maybe someone can refer me to a place that have them??

Cheers,

John

Old 09-16-2011, 09:04 PM
Received 193 Likes on 108 Posts

ebay has some user manuals for sale. I think you are right about the manual/auto function. To be honest my a/c doesn't work in all settings so if I turn it on and it blows anywhere I consider myself lucky.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Received 90 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by lfc_ozzie
Ok guys need a little help haven't really been able to work this out in a year, might have something to do with the a/c system pump is crapped out. So I'm getting a replacement next week, and i need to know how i use it properly, i noticed that the temp dial(one on passenger side) can be pulled or pushed (click in or out) what does this control?? is that how i set it to stay on as manual and always blow out of centre vent??

Thanks for any help guys i just wished i had the manual for my car but the prev owner lost it and as of yet i can't find anywhere that i can get one from :-( maybe someone can refer me to a place that have them??

Cheers,

John

Temperature dial pushed in is automatic climate control mode and pulled out is manual. I'm not sure if that setting also impacts how the air is directed through the center or other vents. I haven't noticed that. I assume you're talking about a RHD model. as the temp dial is on the driver's side in LHD models I've seen.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only user manuals i can find is the maintenance ones, I'm after the one you get with the car that explains how things work, like the different light settings, a/c controls, etc.

Yes I'm talking about the RHD model, I'm so glad i got that right now all i need is to wait to it gets repaired, thanks heaps for the help guys.