XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Canton, OH - ANYONE RECOMMEND A SHOP?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Canton, OH - ANYONE RECOMMEND A SHOP?

I live just south of Canton, OH....my ‘90 XJS will not start.

Can anyone recommend someone or a shop that can help me? I am a new owner of this vehicle and have very limited mechanical skills. I meant for this to be a project for my son and I, hope it doesn’t become a PROJECT!

Thank you in advance,

Karl

Old 06-16-2018, 05:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,599 Posts

Hi Karl

A Shop will empty your Wallet faster than you can blink and I don't think you need one at the moment

There is nothing they can tell you that one of us won't know, it just a question of working through things slowly and methodically 'one step at a time'

So don't let it start to mess with your head, as I'm sure that we can help you to fix it

Old 06-16-2018, 05:52 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

OB,

Thank you for your words of encouragement. My issue is that I travel with my job and what precious few moments I have with my family, I don’t want consumed with this.

I bought this car so my wife and I can spend some time together on nice weekend drives.

I am sure that the issue will turn out to be a minor issue that someone with more time could diagnose and correct....but I’m afraid I am ready to cut my losses.

Also, we just moved this area and I know nobody. I am not mechanically inclined either....should have done better research on these cars, as I am finding that they are finicky.

If anyone is interested in a solid car for a fair price, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Karl

The following users liked this post:
orangeblossom (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,599 Posts

Hi Karl

As for pain and suffering you're not even on the nursery slopes at the moment, as there are literally thousands of questions and answers on here about the numbers of things that can go wrong

These Cars are not for everyone and so the pleasure of driving one, can often come at the price of 'Blood Sweat and Tears'

So maybe you would be better off trading her in for a 'Vette' or something like that, which could possibly be a lot easier to maintain as well as being as much fun to drive

Although for many on here the chance of being able to drive one of Jaguars finest, seems to be a price we are willing to pay

If you want to sell your Car, then some Pics would help, or consider putting her on: Bringatrailor.Com

Last edited by orangeblossom; 06-17-2018 at 12:47 AM.