XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Gremlins

Old 05-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 580 Likes on 361 Posts
Default Gremlins

Wiper stalk trips a relay under dash, but wipers do not activate. At the same time the high beams stopped latching on. I can flash them or hold them on manually, but they do not stay in when the relay is tripped.

This could be coincidental or related. I have the S57 pub and will try to sort this out tomorrow. If anyone knows a component or plug where these two systems intersect I'd love to hear.

Old 05-05-2017, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,741 Likes on 7,097 Posts

Originally Posted by JigJag
Wiper stalk trips a relay under dash, but wipers do not activate. At the same time the high beams stopped latching on. I can flash them or hold them on manually, but they do not stay in when the relay is tripped.

This could be coincidental or related. I have the S57 pub and will try to sort this out tomorrow. If anyone knows a component or plug where these two systems intersect I'd love to hear.
Not sure about the wipers.

The 'latching' aspect of the high beams occurs within the relay itself. Open up the relay....you might see something fixable.

One way the 'latching' can fail is if the 'headlight flash' feature is used for too long; that is, the stalk manually held back for a long time. It overheats the relay and melts the latch

Cheers
DD

The following 2 users liked this post by Doug:
Greg in France (05-06-2017), JigJag (05-05-2017)