XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Help Needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 05:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help Needed

Hi everyone my name is Julie. I live in Texas. Please be patient with me, as this is the first time I do this.
I am trying to help a friend with special needs whom inherited a 1991 XJS V-12 Classic Jaguar from his uncle, whom originally purchased it in 1991. He has all the original paperwork, it has 38,000 miles, the paint and interior is in mint condition, but it was damaged on the front passenger side, while parked outside. It has a clean and clear Title. Runs good and has no mechanical or structural damage other than the quarter panel and headlight. It was garage kept until last year, but has a cover on it to protect it from damage at present.
This car means the world to him, but due to health issues, he has had to relocate to Texas and has no way of caring for it any longer.
The car is located in Hazlet, New Jersey in the care of a friend at this time.
Sadly we no nothing about these beautiful cars and do not know what it may be worth. Would anyone here be able to give me some kind of insight, as to what it may be worth.
Thank you, Julie

Old 06-06-2018, 10:53 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 892 Posts

I would start by spend some time with google, ebay and search finds to get a sense of what it is or may be worth. I just might be a pretty penny - even with the nose damage.

I live close by, on Staten Island, and am a new LOVER of the xjs and jaguar, myself. rebuilding one now with support and guidance from folks here. I would love to help in any way I can

Try this to begin to get a better sense AND don't be going just selling her on the CHEAP!!!! She is really worth something! Value of the XJS happens to be going up right now,,,, more than in a long time - https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...r-xjs-for-sale

Old 06-06-2018, 11:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JayJagJay
I would start by spend some time with google, ebay and search finds to get a sense of what it is or may be worth. I just might be a pretty penny - even with the nose damage.

I live close by, on Staten Island, and am a new LOVER of the xjs and jaguar, myself. rebuilding one now with support and guidance from folks here. I would love to help in any way I can

Try this to begin to get a better sense AND don't be going just selling her on the CHEAP!!!! She is really worth something! Value of the XJS happens to be going up right now,,,, more than in a long time - https://classics.autotrader.com/clas...r-xjs-for-sale
Hi Jay Jay Jay, thank you, no I promise I will not allow that to happen. My friend is a special needs adult, that I am proud and honored to have befriended, about 4 years ago. He is originally from Hazlet, New Jersey. Is Stanton Island far from there?
I admire that the fact that, even with his disabilities, he excelled as a Union Carpenter for 25 years. Sadly due to a drunk driver he lost his livelihood. Broke his neck and had to have 2 c-mobiles placed in his neck, just to be able to move and turn his head, along with 4 fuses discs in his upper back. Then after all was done, he had to beat graves disease, and Thyroid Cancer. Hence the reason he needs a warmer climate.
Thank you, you have been a great help already, and if you can help in any way, it would be grately appreciated. Julie