XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Horrible Experience Ordering a Boot From JK Auto Upholstery

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Horrible Experience Ordering a Boot From JK Auto Upholstery

I posted this Ferrari Chat but given that they make XJS boots, seat covers, etc I wanted to share it here as well.

I wanted to post this to ensure that no one experiences what I have with this company JK Auto Upholstery, selling their boots and tops on eBay, link below.

Ferrari Mondial Leather Boot 1984 1994 | eBay

I contacted them through eBay to ask about colors of the boots and we finally settled on what they said was the correct color for my beige interior. Seller offered that if we did the transaction outside of eBay then they would do a $25 discount over paypal, which I foolishly accepted.

After three weeks the boot finally arrives, but it is in the wrong color. I figure that I can live with the color variance and have it fitted but when I do I notice that it doesn't even fit! I immediately contacted them and Anna offered to take it back and make me another boot. I shipped it back to her via FedEx with signature delivery. They received it and she said they would make me a replacement but asked if I would send my original so they could be sure to get the dimensions correct, which I declined as I was afraid it could be lost or damaged and then I would really be up a creek, so to speak. She said that the material had come in, and they were ready to make another but then went radio silent. Over a month went by of my emails, eBay messages, phone calls, etc going unanswered when I finally decided to file a claim on PayPal.

Seller acknowledged in the PayPal correspondence that they had received it back and I posted the return tracking number. However, for some reason PayPal decided against me even though they have both the boot and my money, having acknowledged that they had accepted/received the return!

In any event, I will file with my credit card and likely get my money back but I wanted to make sure that everyone knew that JK Auto Upholstery are crooks and do NOT order anything from them.

Old 10-07-2015, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Company also known as Josephina Custom Tops, Inc

Old 10-07-2015, 10:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Vorsicht when an EBay seller offers to go off bay!!!! My son has a thriving business and uses them. it was getting really weird, but the CEO got "bumped upstairs". Getting better again....

Why not patronize a local shop? If you have the old as a pattern, they have the same or better sources than JCT for the material.

Some time back, I decided to swap out the "cheesy" cheap not even vinyl door cards in my 79 IHC Scout II. I lucked on to a partial roll of high quality vinyl in garage sale. Good price and the right color!!!

Took off the old cards. Easy. Fastened with trim screws in plain sight!!!
They made new backers. Cut out the speaker holes. I asked for a decorative
seam midway. The tech thought that a neat idea. He did lament the need for the speaker holes!!! Beautiful job. About a "C" note as I recall. Child's play for an expert!!!

Ever watch the TV show, "Fast and Loud"? Sue, the dragon lady could duplicate your boot perfectly... She tolerates the "Gas Monkeys".

Carl