XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

Injector Ferrules?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 06:15 PM
Received 193 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Injector Ferrules?

I am in the middle of "doing the V" after just having purchased a 1986 XJ-S V12. Even though it was "running fine" I decided to just do it all, do it right, and do it once after my experiences with previous xj-s's. I'm also replacing things that I come across that are broken or about to break.

So far, I've done the following:

Spark Plugs, HT leads, Distributor Cap & rotor, vacuum advance, rebuilt & un-seized the centrifugal advance, new injection wiring harness, compression check, fuel filter, oil pressure sending unit, TPS . . . probably more I'm forgetting.

The fuel injection rail was in a bad way with the wrong size hose and dreaded clamps over the barbed fittings which everyone knows is a big no-no. I've just gotten the injectors back from being cleaned and flow tested.

My question is, after considerable time spent scouring the web for those little brass cups that go on both ends of the injector hoses, I've only been able to find them on jagbits.com for $75 for a set of 12 (OUCH). There is no way I can justify spending $150 for those 24 little ferrules/caps whatever they are called. Tried auto parts stores, no joy.

Does anyone know of a source for them? Part #? Alternative? PS. What is the proper length for the segments of hose between the rail and injector?

Oddly enough the 2.5L two stroke Mercury Racing Outboard on my race boat uses the exact same injectors and ferrules/cups but a trip to the Mercury Dealer revealed that they are only sold with the injectors and have no part # of there own.

Thanks in Advance!

Attached Thumbnails Injector Ferrules?-img_1690.png  

Last edited by EcbJag; 06-19-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 07:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by EcbJag
I am in the middle of "doing the V" after just having purchased a 1986 XJ-S V12. Even though it was "running fine" I decided to just do it all, do it right, and do it once after my experiences with previous xj-s's. I'm also replacing things that I come across that are broken or about to break.

So far, I've done the following:

Spark Plugs, HT leads, Distributor Cap & rotor, vacuum advance, rebuilt & un-seized the centrifugal advance, new injection wiring harness, compression check, fuel filter, oil pressure sending unit, TPS . . . probably more I'm forgetting.

The fuel injection rail was in a bad way with the wrong size hose and dreaded clamps over the barbed fittings which everyone knows is a big no-no. I've just gotten the injectors back from being cleaned and flow tested.

My question is, after considerable time spent scouring the web for those little brass cups that go on both ends of the injector hoses, I've only been able to find them on jagbits.com for $75 for a set of 12 (OUCH). There is no way I can justify spending $150 for those 24 little ferrules/caps whatever they are called. Tried auto parts stores, no joy.

Does anyone know of a source for them? Part #? Alternative? PS. What is the proper length for the segments of hose between the rail and injector?

Oddly enough the 2.5L two stroke Mercury Racing Outboard on my race boat uses the exact same injectors and ferrules/cups but a trip to the Mercury Dealer revealed that they are only sold with the injectors and have no part # of there own.

Thanks in Advance!
Around $100 should get you a complete service kit including all the injector seals, hoses, ferrules and filters etc. Search Mr injector xjs or similar, should get some hits.

The following users liked this post:
EcbJag (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Google "EAC7876 Jaguar"

Here's one possibility:

Fuel Injector Sleeve by Motorcars Ltd part EAC7876 - MotorcarsLtd.com

Also try:

Jaguar Fuel Injector Service

Cheers
DD

The following users liked this post:
EcbJag (06-19-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 10:57 PM
Received 193 Likes on 108 Posts

That's exactly what I was looking for Doug, cheers. $1 a piece is much more reasonable than $7 a piece! Ordering them tonight. Wish I would have found that kit sooner by Mr. Injector before buying the seals, hose, filters, separately!

Now does anyone know the proper length for the rail-to-injector hoses (specifically the rearward 10 that determine the rail height? Another problem with the rail was that it was sitting too high and interfering with the throttle cable where it attaches to the pedestal.

Old 06-20-2018, 06:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,049 Likes on 668 Posts

That link's useful to me, too, Doug. Been looking for those. I assume the caps are the same size as a cross-vee fuel hose ones on the facelifts. Although I'm not sure if postage won't make it a silly purchase. I've been told that the caps don't actually have any structural importance like sealing or anything.