XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

looking for parts????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for parts????

hey guys, this is my first post for my xjs and i'd like to thank everybody in advance for their input.

I live in the US and am having trobble finding parts for my 84 xjs. Parts im looking for are:
-Tie rod ends
-performance sway bar kit (front and rear)
-strut tower braces (front and rear)
-any stiffer performance springs
-interior parts such as switches knobs...ect

i have ust started this project and have a long list of items needed and cannot seem to find any resonably priced parts, and have found little to none in the US. any websites would be useful.
thanks again..

Old 07-14-2011, 02:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,712 Posts

Originally Posted by galvinston
-Tie rod ends
-performance sway bar kit (front and rear)
-strut tower braces (front and rear)
-any stiffer performance springs
-interior parts such as switches knobs...ect
Welcome aboard

The Driven man has swaybar kits in the USA
The Driven Man - Jaguar - Swaybars - Specialty Auto Performance Parts & Accessories

Or mine are made by Pedders in Australia

The XJS does not have rear strut towers as it uses double wishbone with dual coil overs per side.

King Springs here in Australia manufactures lower springs for the V12 XJS you will find them on eBay. King are good quality and make OEM springs for many European manufacturers.

Tie rods and interior parts I am not sure about in the USA, I am sure someone local will chime in and help here.

While you are at it I would replace all the front and rear bushes.

If you go polly use the Fulcrum Suspension bushes they are dark blue, these are the ones that the racing guys in the UK use, and yes they are made in Australia. You can pick these up on eBay I gt mine from this guy he was very helpful. eBay My World - guy7217

I have PU in the upper wishbone swaybar (larger bar) mount droplinks and rack with the lower WB stock rubber. This made a huge difference in handling without too much increase in harshness.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,692 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Welcome to the forums galvinston. Besure to post up some pictures of your XJS.

Have you tried www.motorcarsltd.com Talk to Ken Karr there he is very knowledgable and quite few members here have dealt with them including myself, with no regrets!

Heres a direct link to some parts offered for your front end: 1984 - Jaguar Parts and Land Rover Parts

Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,756 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by galvinston
i have ust started this project and have a long list of items needed and cannot seem to find any resonably priced parts, and have found little to none in the US. any websites would be useful.
thanks again..

Others have given you some good suggestions. For your tie rods and other replacement parts here are some other possble vendors: Welsh jaguar, Coventry West, Pauls Jaguar, XKs Unlimited, SNG Barrett. You really shouldn't have any problem finding parts. There's always the odd exception but overall the parts supply is good on these cars.

Not sure what your expectation is on pricing. Most of the common mechanical stuff is reasonable on these cars. Some electrics and trim parts are silly expensive. If you can give some specifics we might be able to help.

High performance upgrades will be expensive because there really isn't much demand....and therefore no volume production (and very little competition) to lower the costs.

Cheers
DD

Last edited by Doug; 07-14-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: pre-coffee goofs
Old 08-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Try Welsh Enterprises [www.welshent.com] for most Jaguar parts. Just bought a new power steering pump and rack from them, and am ready to ship the old ones back for core refunds.