XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

LSeat vs AutoBerry

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 06:21 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,291 Likes on 892 Posts
Default LSeat vs AutoBerry

Good morning folks.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard of or has any experience with this company and their product? (see link)

I need to replace my seat covers. Still have a ways to go in a few directions but I want to be free to hit the road when I want and like come late Spring, at least. I have been seeing the AutoBerry covers since I started this journey but I came across these and,, am excited to save $350 bucks.

What say you?

The following 2 users liked this post by JayJagJay:
Fla Steve (02-01-2019), orangeblossom (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,751 Likes on 2,599 Posts

Hi Jay

No experience of these myself but as far as Seat Covers go, they certainly look 'The Business' and I would be tempted to get some myself as I always cover the seats with a duster of something

Old 02-01-2019, 03:07 PM
Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

I was on the same trip as you, it ended with Paul's Jaguar in FL, ask for Jeremy. They own what remains of the original material and the work is show quality.

Old 02-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Vee
Veteran Member
Received 1,510 Likes on 1,176 Posts

Can I ask "about" how much that cost?

Old 02-01-2019, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Vee
Can I ask "about" how much that cost?
I'll find the invoice in the morning, but I believe just shy of 800$ for the covers and my local trim shop charged $400 for new foam and installation. The real issue is the foam, the trim shop made the new foam from scratch.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:10 AM
Vee
Veteran Member

I ordered replacement 2005 Honda Pilot seat covers through Lseat. The perforations in the seat itself finally gave in. I would not opt for perforations in leather seats in the future. I don't see how it's a viable long term design.

It's a fine product. The fit was great, however some of the details needed to attach the leather to the seat was off, but workable. For the money, I would be completely satisfied with them.

I was able to install it myself, and it allowed me to repair a seat heating wire while I was in there.

I might start a new thread to discuss what should be done when reskinning a seat. I thought that the seat foam would be tired and in bad shape, but the new leather covers really tightened everything back up. The seat foam was apparently still in great shape!

While I'm in the seat, I want to replace the seat heater with something warmer, a new lumbar system, the old rubber bladder in the driver one burst after I tried repairing it with bike tube patch. I think I've settled on which products I'll use, I thought I'd share so people can either comment/improve, or learn for future attempts.

Old 02-02-2019, 10:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 814 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by Vee

While I'm in the seat, I want to replace the seat heater with something warmer, .
I borrowed a tip from a Range Rover forum on how to upgrade the seat heater:

https://www.rangerovers.net/repairde...t4upgrade.html

Simple, under $10, and worked a treat.

Cheers

Old 02-02-2019, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member

Hello All. Thanks for the replies!

I redid my math,,, lol,,, actually just DID the math and it's $450 bucks in saving with LSeat - not $350... Significant difference - at least for me. But still, it makes me ask - what's the difference between the two??? Really...! I ordered swatches.

Thank you TP... I've spoken to Jeremy at Pauls,,, hours worth of convo (love that accent) lol,,, and he has sold me the seat idea. It's just too rich for my blood (and bank account). I have been squirreling away pennies (I thought I remembered him talking a little higher than $800 for seat covers tho) and had decided to just get all carpeting from them at Pauls... He is holding my order for carpets now.

So, I called the number on the site today. Left a message. I got a 'Google phone" phone number and recorded message. Have not heard back. That concerned me. I think Google offers a free phone number...? Haha,,, maybe that and other savings points is how they can offer their goods so cheap? Who knows!?

still not sure what ta do!

Old 02-02-2019, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Hello All. Thanks for the replies!

I redid my math,,, lol,,, actually just DID the math and it's $450 bucks in saving with LSeat - not $350... Significant difference - at least for me. But still, it makes me ask - what's the difference between the two??? Really...! I ordered swatches.

Thank you TP... I've spoken to Jeremy at Pauls,,, hours worth of convo (love that accent) lol,,, and he has sold me the seat idea. It's just too rich for my blood (and bank account). I have been squirreling away pennies (I thought I remembered him talking a little higher than $800 for seat covers tho) and had decided to just get all carpeting from them at Pauls... He is holding my order for carpets now.

So, I called the number on the site today. Left a message. I got a 'Google phone" phone number and recorded message. Have not heard back. That concerned me. I think Google offers a free phone number...? Haha,,, maybe that and other savings points is how they can offer their goods so cheap? Who knows!?

still not sure what ta do!

Old 02-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Veteran Member

Hey PrinceMarko...

I actually thought I was replying to my own thread (see below) and I clicked reply on a "RELATED THREAD"... Yours...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213506&goto=newpost

I would like to hear a little more on what the limitations were to the LSeat product... Even direct me to some links of others experiences. I haven't been able to find much....

Old 02-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Vee
Veteran Member

Thank you so much for the seat heater info! That is exactly what I’m going to do! Love this forum!

What is the approximate cost of the carpets? Im assuming it’s the entire flooring, not just mats?

Old 02-02-2019, 06:34 PM

LSeat  vs AutoBerry-vrodgdi.jpg

LSeat  vs AutoBerry-u7brhkq.jpg

LSeat  vs AutoBerry-uzxrsjy.jpg

I'm a terrible photographer. But I needed exact materials, and very high quality because we like to take my car to shows. So I needed an exact color match on the seats the center console and door pockets, and I wanted the original Connolly leather.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Vee
Thank you so much for the seat heater info! That is exactly what I’m going to do! Love this forum!

What is the approximate cost of the carpets? Im assuming it’s the entire flooring, not just mats?
If that question was directed at me,,, Paul quoted 7sumpthing with custom work for the carpets - the bordering, seams, edging or - I forget the proper term - he can and will do in different colors. He says that they bought all of the remaining xjs carpeting stock directly from Jaguar... So, $7hundred something ain't bad in my book.... Its carpeting from the back windshield to the front up under the dash. Several individual pieces.

Old 02-02-2019, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by JayJagJay
If that question was directed at me,,, Paul quoted 7sumpthing with custom work for the carpets - the bordering, seams, edging or - I forget the proper term - he can and will do in different colors. He says that they bought all of the remaining xjs carpeting stock directly from Jaguar... So, $7hundred something ain't bad in my book.... Its carpeting from the back windshield to the front up under the dash. Several individual pieces.
That's exactly what he charged me too. I don't think he ever raises his prices.

Old 04-01-2019, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member

Items just came in the mail today. So far I'm pleased...
Nervous as he'll about the install though... Center console leather and all... No seat card backs though. The did indicate they would be included in my email questions and exchanges. $299 as opposed to $750... I'll have to make due with the resurfaced and made pretty backs I have.

Thanks for all the advise and suggestions folks. I'll be back when I'm up to my eyeballs in foam and hog ties, lol

Old 04-01-2019, 03:37 PM
Veteran Member

Really though... All jokes aside

ANY ANY Suggestions and advise, shortcuts and smart corners to take, learned through your hard and painful prior experiences would be welcomed and much appreciated. I don't want to mess this up. Can't let myself.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 814 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by JayJagJay
Really though... All jokes aside

ANY ANY Suggestions and advise, shortcuts and smart corners to take, learned through your hard and painful prior experiences would be welcomed and much appreciated. I don't want to mess this up. Can't let myself.
The single best suggestion I can give you is to get Hog Ring Pliers, it will make the job easier. A steamer is also helpful if the fit of the new covers isn't spot on.

Good luck