XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

New to the Jag!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 05:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the Jag!

Hello all!
Just bought a 91 XJS convertible in Florida and drove it home to Oshawa over this past weekend. It is a beautiful car but does have some issues! lol Mostly it needs a new interior. Seats and door pannels. Wondering if there is a "Jag Graveyard" in Southwestern Ontaario or....?
Also will the seats or door pannels from other models fit this car as well?(2 door coupe)
Any help would be great!
Thanks,
Ricky

Old 10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,430 Likes on 1,940 Posts

Well at least you now know it will run the Marathon ! That must be a 2000 mile run, surely ?

Old 10-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum! That is a particularly beautiful Jag. Love it! Congratulations!

We have so many wonderful members here who volunteer their time, knowledge, and experience; I'm sure you'll like it here. Great information and great fun.

As for your question, I google to find the Jag parts I'm looking for. I believe there is a place called jaggraveyard.com that some of our members have had problems with. There is a thread about it.

We have some vendors that you might want to check out. I can personally vouch for Nally Jag. Top Notch service and the prices beat my local dealership any day!

Old 10-06-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the jag! I had several interior trim items replaced by Paul's Jaguar in Florida. They sent me a new drivers seat cover which I had fitted locally and I shipped them the drivers door arm rest/pull and map pocket + center console lid to be covered. The quality and workmanship was 1st class. They also supplied me with NOS Wilton wool floor mats and again they were excellent. British Autowood also in Florida did the vaneers for me and everything else was sourced through ebay in both USA and UK.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 535 Likes on 337 Posts

@Ricky

Congratulations. You haven't just bought a car, you have bought a living, breathing thing which will make you feel on top of the world some days, and at the bottom of the ocean on others. Hopefully you get the good day / bad day ratio sorted out :-)

The interiors are very fragile and parts are getting hard to come by. I bought a new set of seat covers from this guy on ebay. The quality was excellent. I fitted them myself, more for the experience of doing it, but I guess it saved a bit of money too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jagua...s#ht_779wt_907

To answer your "what other parts fit my car" question, we need to know whether your car is a facelifted car or not (91 is the changeover year)

The easiest way to tell is to look at the rear lights..... if they are black/smoke tinted and wrap all the way along the back of the car, you have a facelifted car. Post back what you have and we can help further. I have a 92 facelifted convertible that I rebuilt the interior on so I may be able to make some suggestions later on