XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

No mods to this beauty :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 04:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No mods to this beauty :)

Just thought I would say, I'm NEVER modifying my XJS. EVERYTHINGS staying stock . Infact I'm even replacing the CD player with an original tape/radio from ebay.

Old 07-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 693 Likes on 562 Posts

thats good to hear, no chevy 350s around here.

I don't mind simple stuff as long as its clean and its simple, so you can go back to stock.

for example I want to buy 2 more air cleaners and mod them up and try those out. But I will always keep my stock ones to put back on at any time.

Or If I ever want to change the exhaust I will straight pipe the section with the mufflers are on it and keep that old section, so I can just bolt the stock ones back up if I want.

mine came with a sony in it so I don't really care. Its plain and black so it looks fine. New cd players are very colorful and flashy and don't belong in a XJS interior

Old 07-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You may want to check out some of the Alpine stuff as it's nice to be able to utilize technology in this domain; CDs, MP3s and Ipods. The Alpine stuff has green accents and is quite aesthetic with the XJS interior wood.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Veteran Member

lol that is really close to an advertisement man.

the unit i was actually talking about is a Alpine out of my old tahoe. Its mostly silver and the buttons glow blue. Its way to shiny and fancy looking.

if I buy a new unit it will probably be a Sony, Kenwood, or maybe a clarion. because they are pretty much all black. the new kenwoods and sonys have dozens of colors to pick from on the lights as well XD
need green to match my computer display

Old 07-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sidescrollin
lol that is really close to an advertisement man.

the unit i was actually talking about is a Alpine out of my old tahoe. Its mostly silver and the buttons glow blue. Its way to shiny and fancy looking.

if I buy a new unit it will probably be a Sony, Kenwood, or maybe a clarion. because they are pretty much all black. the new kenwoods and sonys have dozens of colors to pick from on the lights as well XD
need green to match my computer display
I'm just a consumer (and consumer advocate) ;-). I bought my Alpines several years ago and the black with shade of lighted green is striking within the XJS interior. Almost looks like a Jaguar-styled piece of work. Nice to know the you now have a choice of colors to pick from!

Old 07-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by michaem101
I'm just a consumer (and consumer advocate) ;-). I bought my Alpines several years ago and the black with shade of lighted green is striking within the XJS interior. Almost looks like a Jaguar-styled piece of work. Nice to know the you now have a choice of colors to pick from!
oh ok, I have just seen some people busted on these forums for that kinda thing.
that sounds good anyways. If you go and look at an new alpine unit thats basically what mine looks like. Even though its pretty old and came in the car it looks almost exactly the same and its really flashy.

The sony that came in my jag is like you said, almost as if it came with the car. Its just the cd player doesn't work in it, and I prefer unit with knobs for the volume.