XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

No voltage to A/C compressor clutch

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AllanG
Hi Bob,

Heh heh, it's always something

Perhaps a dodgy connection on the fan speed selector switch? If ok there, check the connection on pin 9 of the CCM. After that it will be a bit of a rabbit hunt I'm afraid
Nothing really easy to get to in the A/C control system.

Cheers,

Allan
Hi Allan,
All of a sudden I fell all the blood rushing from my head, cold sweats and waves of nasua. I knew this day was coming and here it is!!!!!
OK, I give up, what is the CCM and where is it hiding? Looks like I will be resuming my search for an old Jag Tech.
Should I change my id. to BLOODPUKER?
Thanks for your continued help,

Bob (Spillwaybob)

Old 08-25-2013, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 368 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Spillwaybob
Hi Allan,
All of a sudden I fell all the blood rushing from my head, cold sweats and waves of nasua. I knew this day was coming and here it is!!!!!
OK, I give up, what is the CCM and where is it hiding? Looks like I will be resuming my search for an old Jag Tech.
Should I change my id. to BLOODPUKER?
Thanks for your continued help,

Bob (Spillwaybob)
LOL!!

CCM = Climate Control Module. You will find it hides behind the dash on the right hand side. I don't think on your model that you can access it from the passenger side drop down bolster but maybe?

Basically the fan selector is a 5 position switch that sends a signal to the CCM to control, among other things, the actual blower speed.

Since you said it was working at other fan speeds, my first thought is that there is a dodgy connection on the "off" pole of the switch.

Is your problem happening in both auto and manual modes?

Hang in there, she's just playing hard to get

Cheers,

Allan

Old 08-26-2013, 08:05 AM

Hi Allen,
The "automatic" cycling of the blowers and comp. clutch happens in any mode with the blower switch in OFF. I've been giving the problem a lot of thought and I have concluded that the problem has to be in the CCM. Electronic CCM is the only part of the system that can cause "automatic" things to happen. It receives signals from various sensors, computes the results and issues output commands. Since my malfunction is being issued automatically, I believe it has to be in the CCM.
Now I will concentrate on finding a new CCM at a reasonable price and if it is accesable without taking the console and/or dash apart. There is only 1 on Ebay now and it is used. Who has the best prices on OEM Jaguar parts?
Thanks for steering me in the right direction.

Bob (Spillwaybob)

Old 08-26-2013, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

Hi Bob,

I would still start at the selector switch to rule it out, it's a lot easier too

As for spares, I've had good luck with Coventry West, Motorcars Ltd, SNG Barrett and Terry's. Prices are all over the place. Also you might find some used ones at EverydayXJ or Jaguarheaven. Jaguar Classic Spares in the UK (JDHT) are worth a try too.

Important: There were two different CCMs used in MY94. VIN190527 and earlier used DAC10838 and VIN190528 and later used DAC11341. Be prepared for sticker shock, especially if your car falls in the former

Good luck

Allan

Last edited by AllanG; 08-26-2013 at 06:22 PM.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:32 PM

Allan,
Unfortunately my VIN falls in the early version by a mere 59 cars, (vin: 190468) Obviously this was the point at which Jag went to the system with the recirc. button. I was only able to get one price $3,045. Tomorrow I will research all of the places you suggested. Will let you know what I find.
Thanks for you help.

Bob (Spillwaybob)

Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Spillwaybob
I was only able to get one price $3,045.
Yikes!! That's even more than I thought

Even more reason to check out everything else!!

Cheers,

Allan

Old 08-28-2013, 06:31 AM

Allan,
So far I have only gotten one price ($3K) for the CCM. That price is so ridiculous I would not consider paying that much for a module even if I was wealthy.
In the meantime, as a temporary fix I have installed a toggle switch in the related fuse circuit so when I am not using the climate control system, all I have to do is flip the toggle to off to stop the blower cycling.
If anything new comes up concerning this problem, I will let you know.
Thank you again for your great help.
Take Care,
Bob (Spillwaybob)