XJS ( X27 ) 1975 - 1996 3.6 4.0 5.3 6.0

some questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 07:11 AM
Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts
Default some questions

HI i have some questions, and maybe, someone can give me advice.
1) what beter moog k8772 (rubber) or moog k700536 Polyurethane for Anti Roll Bar Bushes? or beter use OE.?
2) someone ordered parts from rockauto with shipping to europe? can i trust them?
I asking, because the price for one moog part cost in rockauto 4 euro, but on ebay or oficial story the same part cost minimal 9 euro. Rockauto sell original parts ?
3) i cant decide, which propshaft universal joint beter to buy, usual jlm823 (16euro) or jlm823U (40euro) uprated (heavy duty). is it really jlm823u UJ uprated is 100% beter than jlm823? or is it only marketting? someone installed UJ uprated on jags? and is UJ uprated the same size as jlm823 or is it larger ? i cant find it in catalog of GKN.
4) which brake rotors (drilled, slotted or simply) and pads better to buy? i found ate, fedoro, abs and brembo sell like original brake disk and pads, and ebc sell drilled and slotted disk and modify pads. and dba.com.au sell slotted disks DBA 075S ,076S and wagner brake pads. someone have experience with this companys ?
5) Stainless Steel Brake Hoses is Goodridge or HEL ? as i understand ss brake hoses need only to front calipers.

Old 04-23-2017, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,049 Likes on 668 Posts

Can't help with the bushes, but I've used Rockauto to ship to Japan twice without issue. They're very well respected, I gather. Though unless you pay for premium shipping, it can take a couple of weeks. Maybe less to Europe, maybe not. But add in shipping to your costs, and it might not be such a good deal.

Old 04-23-2017, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,399 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Yes, for me it almost makes sense to use Rock Auto. Good products, good service. Helpful on the phone. The catalog is very useful. I've done some, merely to avoid messing with cores. A starter and a pair of "loaded" rear calipers. And, a set of fresh halogens to "light up" the night better than the 34 year old originals. SAves me a trip across town or more.

CArl

Old 04-23-2017, 09:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,757 Likes on 7,101 Posts

Originally Posted by eurolat
HI i have some questions, and maybe, someone can give me advice.
1) what beter moog k8772 (rubber) or moog k700536 Polyurethane for Anti Roll Bar Bushes? or beter use OE.?

Opinions vary. I've used poly bushings before and had problem with noise. Others have had better luck.

3) i cant decide, which propshaft universal joint beter to buy, usual jlm823 (16euro) or jlm823U (40euro) uprated (heavy duty). is it really jlm823u UJ uprated is 100% beter than jlm823? or is it only marketting? someone installed UJ uprated on jags? and is UJ uprated the same size as jlm823 or is it larger ? i cant find it in catalog of GKN.

The original UJs used by Jaguar were robust.

The Jags use a very common size UJ so many vendors a variety of replacements, as you have discovered. My experience is that some are visibly less robust appearing (look at the center "X" section!) than original....even though they will fit with no problems.

I would buy the heavy duty version.

4) which brake rotors (drilled, slotted or simply) and pads better to buy? i found ate, fedoro, abs and brembo sell like original brake disk and pads, and ebc sell drilled and slotted disk and modify pads. and dba.com.au sell slotted disks DBA 075S ,076S and wagner brake pads. someone have experience with this companys ?

On various Jags (and other cars) I've had no problems at all with rotors labeled Brembo, Bendix, Wagner, Lucas, Raybestos.

I've never used the drilled/slotted rotors so I can't comment

I personally have had best luck with Raybestos and Akebono pads. Others like Ferodo. Everyone has their own favorites, it seems

5) Stainless Steel Brake Hoses is Goodridge or HEL ? as i understand ss brake hoses need only to front calipers.
I've never used (or felt the need for) SS hoses so I can't comment

Cheers
DD

Old 04-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,576 Likes on 1,712 Posts

When I replaced my UJ's I used Hardy Spicer, they are good quality and Jaguar use GM parts.

I have used DBA cross drilled rotors before in another car, they are good quality. Cross drilled/ Slotted do improve braking, they scrape the pads to keep them clean as well as improve rotor cooling, the down side is increased pad wear.