XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XK Cooling System Service

Old 05-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Another one for the list - AJ812140 which is the throttle body to heater inlet hose that runs from the front to the back of the engine and sits in the engine valley.

I have just bought one for my car because my supercharger is about to be removed to have the torsion coupler replaced The hose was only £2.99 plus shipping on EBAY so it made to change it as the 'valley' hose seems to be a common fault on earlier models.

Old 05-06-2018, 10:18 AM
Received 228 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by u102768
Another one for the list - AJ812140 which is the throttle body to heater inlet hose that runs from the front to the back of the engine and sits in the engine valley.

I have just bought one for my car because my supercharger is about to be removed to have the torsion coupler replaced The hose was only £2.99 plus shipping on EBAY so it made to change it as the 'valley' hose seems to be a common fault on earlier models.
Great find, THANKS! This doesn't seem to show up in the normal online parts lookup websites. Oh and it has been superseded to part number AJ813614 and costs $18 through Jag.

Happy Sunday,

Dave

Old 05-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by 10XKR
Oh and it has been superseded to part number AJ813614 and costs $18 through Jag.
I saw that but wasn't totally sure because some sites don't reflect that and the Jaguar parts software lists that number as from VIN B52041 but doesn't have the usual superseded symbol.

You may not have found it because it is listed on the throttle body page. The picture is wrong on there as well.

Old 01-20-2022, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rey
Not so sure you need to replace every single rubber hose. Just replace those which are often noted on this forum.
Hoses/seals leak/fail under pressure. Many pre-war cars had cooling systems that operated with no pressure cap. Boiling point was 212F (sea level). Presurizing the system allows a higher boiling point, but also stresses all rubber hoses. Classic car collectors have often added pressure radiator caps; and found early hose failure.
Hoses today are much more robust.
Consider going to a system with zero pressure. Check out Evans Coolant. It has a much higher boil point than conventional coolants; and operates with no pressure. I have had it for years on my '07 XK with no troubles, leaks, etc.
So can I just use this Evans Coolant in place of the regular 50/50 coolant? Is there any other modifications needed to the car to use it? Sounds great.

Old 01-20-2022, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,149 Likes on 3,085 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueFox459
So can I just use this Evans Coolant in place of the regular 50/50 coolant? Is there any other modifications needed to the car to use it? Sounds great.
To use Evans, which I happily have in my too-crazy Mustang, you must first remove ALL (all, as in every bit) of water and water-based coolant. There is a flush to aid in this, but you'll probably need to do it at least a couple times to make sure all the old stuff is gone. If you can either blow-out or suck-out as much as possible first, that would aid the procedure.
I love Evans.
I'm going to put it into my XKR in the spring as I have to replace some coolant lines anyway. This wouldn't have happened if it'd had Evans earlier, as nearly zero system pressure.