XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2007 XK ECU re-mapping

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:05 AM
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 2007 XK ECU re-mapping

Has anyone done a re-map of their ECU with good results? I see there was a thread on this earlier in the year but I couldn't find out if anyone had taken the plunge. The below email is what I got from ECU Tuning Group. I'd be interested if the results can be verified.

Steve

Dear Steve,
Yes, we're able to reprogram your 2007 Jaguar XK. I am currently not in the office so the best I could do is give you estimated gains of 22hp 19lbs tq.

The software is completely undetectable to factory diagnostics. When we tune your vehicle, we update your Jaguar with the latest software and tune around that. Along with the added power, the speed limiter will be removed, hesitation/flatspots will be smoothed out, acceleration will be quicker, increase in volume in 2nd and 3rd gear, and also an increase in fuel economy. We have noticed with the 4.2 and 5.0 engines, with simply a tune, the fuel economy increases from 17mpg avg to nearly 23mpg due to a partially programmed throttle from the factory.

When you are ready, we will ship out a laptop with the programming tool so you can reprogram your vehicle in the comfort of your own home or office. All that is needed is a wifi setup so you can email us the software and of course receive the updated file. The process is very simple and easy and takes nearly an hour to complete.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Would love to hear real world results. How much is it? My cousin just re-mapped his Saab 93 and is quite impressed with the results.

Old 04-20-2012, 09:03 PM
Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

The cost is $995

Old 04-21-2012, 06:22 PM
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow.. That sounds impressive. I'm a little surprised at the claim of increased mileage. If you do this I really hope you dyno before and after to verify results.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 874 Likes on 633 Posts

I'd like to see real numbers from anyone but the seller before dropping that kind of cash.

It is not easy to find a spare 21HP in any modern normally aspirated engine. Its just not something a manufacturer would leave laying around. After all they too would love to tell the public the XK comes with 321HP not 300.
The concept of more power AND better fuel economy is an even harder feat. I could see a power gain at a loss of economy, or power gain while increasing exhaust emissions, as these are things the Jag engineers had to balance out to sell the car in the US.

At best I would fear it is a "Borrow form Peter to pay Paul" situation, where you give up performance in one area and shift it to another.

I chipped my Audi for major gains(extra 35HP off a 2.0L turbo), but it increased the boost pressure, and remapped the fuel curve accordingly. And chipping included remaps for 3 different octane settings, a valet mode (no boost) and security lock via steering wheel controls for $500.

Just an opinion of course but a grand is steep, especially when only the vender is touting the gains.

Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 04-23-2012 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Check out this thread...

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...upgrade-64594/

Originally Posted by sjtyrer
Has anyone done a re-map of their ECU with good results? I see there was a thread on this earlier in the year but I couldn't find out if anyone had taken the plunge. The below email is what I got from ECU Tuning Group. I'd be interested if the results can be verified.

Steve

Dear Steve,
Yes, we're able to reprogram your 2007 Jaguar XK. I am currently not in the office so the best I could do is give you estimated gains of 22hp 19lbs tq.

The software is completely undetectable to factory diagnostics. When we tune your vehicle, we update your Jaguar with the latest software and tune around that. Along with the added power, the speed limiter will be removed, hesitation/flatspots will be smoothed out, acceleration will be quicker, increase in volume in 2nd and 3rd gear, and also an increase in fuel economy. We have noticed with the 4.2 and 5.0 engines, with simply a tune, the fuel economy increases from 17mpg avg to nearly 23mpg due to a partially programmed throttle from the factory.

When you are ready, we will ship out a laptop with the programming tool so you can reprogram your vehicle in the comfort of your own home or office. All that is needed is a wifi setup so you can email us the software and of course receive the updated file. The process is very simple and easy and takes nearly an hour to complete.

Old 04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by CleverName
Just an opinion of course but a grand is steep, especially when only the vender is touting the gains.
I hear ya on that one. Maybe they'd consider a group buy? If it was $500 and I pay for Dyno and they can own the data sounds like a much better deal.

How many ECU re-tunes do you think they have done?