XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

2007 XKR Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 02:44 AM
Veteran Member
Received 576 Likes on 475 Posts
Default 2007 XKR Mods

Having done everything possible to X100s I am moving on to 'newer offerings'.

I have a 2007 XKR coming in a couple of weeks time, I will be converting the outside to a XKR 175, changing the body panels etc and fitting a new exhaust. Also slipping in a switch to open the exhaust baffles when wanted.

OK question is has anyone done this before?

The following users liked this post:
Paza3 (11-08-2014)
Old 01-29-2011, 10:12 AM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm doing something similar but closer to the XKR75 than the XKR175. With the XKR75 I need to blackout the front grills, side louvers, widow sills and rear blade.

Here's the blackout side louvers and rear blade:

and here's the shop starting on the blackout window trim:

My front grills are getting painted black. You also need the bigger rear spoiler and 2010 LED Taillights which I already have on.

I'm about to order the front splitter, side skirts and rear diffusor.......only thing I'm not going to do is the 2010 front bumper and the black wheels (on the XKR75). I'm going to get the front splitter that looks like the XKR-S which will fit on the pre-2010 models front bumper. I was looking into getting the 2010 front bumper which isn't to expensive but decided to keep the original bumper and install HID Foglights which are about to be installed.

The 2010 front bumper can be installed on the pre 2010...here is someone who has the 2010 front bumper on their 2008 or 2009 XKR (see rear tail is the older style):

This is the look I'm trying to go for without the 2010 front bumper or the black wheels.....here is a Black XKR75:

If you're trying to get the look of the XKR175 than all you really need are the front splitter, side skirts, rear diffusor, 2010 LED Taillights, bigger spoiler.

If you decide to keep your original front bumper, just remember the XKR 175 front splitter might not work on your car as it's a different front bumper.

Also if you plan to upgrade to the 2010 LED Taillights....resistors are needed, here is an excellent writeup by George: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...1&postcount=51

Keep us updated on your progress.....would love to see when everything is done.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 01-29-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Chaos236 (10-23-2011)
Old 01-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm curious about the exhaust baffle switch too.

What about a pulley upgrade for the supercharger. That's supposed to add a few more HP...

Originally Posted by XKRacer
Having done everything possible to X100s I am moving on to 'newer offerings'.

I have a 2007 XKR coming in a couple of weeks time, I will be converting the outside to a XKR 175, changing the body panels etc and fitting a new exhaust. Also slipping in a switch to open the exhaust baffles when wanted.

OK question is has anyone done this before?

Last edited by jallitt; 01-29-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:19 AM
Veteran Member

I will post images up as I am doing it..... I have managed to get hold of an unused 2011 front complete with parking sensors, set of black grilles and loom for £240 delievered (about $360) which is a bargain on EBAY

The customer himself has got the side sill extensions, front spoiler and rear diffuser, the exhaust is going to be replaced from the CATs back and I will post up how I did the baffle switch, I will imagine it is the same as I did on the Aston DB9 as they have a very similar setup. Wheels will be replaced with 20" Vortex painted in Anthracite

Should look like something below

Old 01-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I'll follow with interest - the good ol' Fuse 22 removal/switch setup is a common mod for the DB9 but haven't found anyone who has done it on their XKR.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 PM

F19 in the rear fusebox is listed as S/C active exhaust - but I'm not going to pull it unless someone else does it first

Old 01-31-2011, 01:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jallitt
F19 in the rear fusebox is listed as S/C active exhaust - but I'm not going to pull it unless someone else does it first

Go on ....pull it

Old 02-13-2011, 05:56 PM

I was sitting in my garage yesterday looking at what data I can extract from the OBD-II port and while revving the engine I could hear the active exhaust valves squeaking as they opened and closed.

So I pulled fuse 19 - which stopped the squeaking. But it's quite rowdy driving it around like that. Mainly in 2nd gear under a bit of load. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I already have a bit of a reputation as a 40-something year old ASBO (I wonder what the XKR would look like in ASBO orange).

I might put it back in - but now I'll always be listening for that squeak from the valves.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm about to order the rear diffusor but the jag italyan reseller told me that it is not available , do you know where i can find this ? I have to' buy also the 2010 front bumper but it is to' expensive ....i try to' search in ebay or internet but nothing !!! Thanks to' all

Old 03-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

Bump

Last edited by XKRacer; 03-24-2011 at 04:54 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 04:54 AM
Veteran Member

Just finished this X150, below is everything I have fitted

XKRS rear spoiler fitted

XKRS Rear diffuser

XKR60 Side Sill Covers (Style Pack)

All black grilles

XKRS 2011 Front bumper and splitter

New exhaust system

Bespoke Induction system using 2 CDAs

Exhaust baffle switch fitted

Alcon 6 pot brakes fitted 400mm discs front and Alcon rears with the brembo handbrake caliper

Smaller supercharger pulley

Front DRLs

Front parking sensors

Below is a pic of where I fitted the switches on the roof light and how I wired them up, the switches have LEDs in them, using reverse relays meant the LEDs would light up when the power to the baffles was switched off.
The switch on the right is for the baffles (nearest the driver in the UK) the other switch is for the front parking sensor. The headlining was covered in Alcantara and the light assembly painted, a new roof ligh costs $750

This is the fuse box sitting behind the rear seat, you can see where we attached the wires into fuse 19 going to the relay on the left and then through the cabin to the switch

XKRS Vortex wheels were fitted and painted in Anthracite, you see the caliper and disc quite well in this pic

I got 2 CDA boxes and machined the tops to accept a aluminium flange which the aif flow meters could be attached to, from the tube coming off the throttle 'Y' I replaced in aluminium and coupled everything up with silicone hoses and Mikalor clamps

I removed the front funnels which use to go to the original air boxes, it is quite suprising how much they covered the radiators, doing so will allow alot more airflow to the rads. The new boxes sit low down in the bumper with the intake pointing at the lower grille, but just a little off to avoid an water ingress on wet days

A lot of the external parts of the car were wrapped in a carbon effect vinyl, I must admit at first I thought 'yuk', but on actually seeing it, it is not that bad at all, all of the interior brushed aluminium was also covered as well as the roof and side vents. The wrap is more of a texture feel than the actual look of carbon.

I am quite happy with the outcome

guy (07-07-2014)
Old 03-24-2011, 05:26 AM

I'm liking that colour and the darker wheels. Have the red tail light lenses been darkend as well?

How much difference has the supercharger pully made?

Old 03-25-2011, 06:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default diffusor

Very very nice ...i'm trying to do something similar ! Where do you have found the rear diffusor ? here in italy we don't have this parts so i have to buy outside ...thanks

Lorenzo

Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jallitt
I'm liking that colour and the darker wheels. Have the red tail light lenses been darkend as well?

How much difference has the supercharger pully made?

The tail lights and high level brake light were both wrapped in tint, the smaller pulley does make a noticable difference on hard acceleration, very similar to having the bottom pulley done, very handy for overtaking

Originally Posted by Jtomac_it
Very very nice ...i'm trying to do something similar ! Where do you have found the rear diffusor ? here in italy we don't have this parts so i have to buy outside ...thanks

Lorenzo

The rear diffuser came from Jaguar, they will ask for a chassis number as they wont sell one to you unless you actually have an RS, really depends how friendly you are with your local dealer

Old 03-25-2011, 12:20 PM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Very nicely done on the intakes. I have seen some very ingenious reworks in the intake area (I believe there have been others shown here as well)....the factory intake at least appears to be a problem spot (long and possibly restrictive) for an engine that needs to breath. Any actual Dyno numbers as to the increase in horsepower on the intake rework?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

@XKRacer-What year is your XKR?

Old 03-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

@XKRacer-Do the front park sensors work on a 2007? Also, is there any particular reason you chose not to go with the XKR-S side sills?

Old 03-27-2011, 06:16 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by gdrag
Very nicely done on the intakes. I have seen some very ingenious reworks in the intake area (I believe there have been others shown here as well)....the factory intake at least appears to be a problem spot (long and possibly restrictive) for an engine that needs to breath. Any actual Dyno numbers as to the increase in horsepower on the intake rework?
I will let you know, we are having a remap done very shortly.

Originally Posted by Moe-she-sa
@XKRacer-What year is your XKR?
Originally Posted by Moe-she-sa
@XKRacer-Do the front park sensors work on a 2007? Also, is there any particular reason you chose not to go with the XKR-S side sills?

I think you answered the first question yourself, it is in the thread title

When I bought the front bumper it already had the parking sensors in it, I did enquire on how much it would cost to buy everything I needed to make them work but it was unrealistic compared what I could buy an after market one for and 'pretend' we had the OE installed.

I do have the RS side skirts now but when I was doing the conversion one side was on back order, let alone that the XK60 side skirts were less than $200 a side where as for the RS was $500 a side.

One thing I would like to point out, this is not my XK but a customers car. I just did the conversion.

Old 03-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a little to busy for me with chrome, carbon effect, darken tail lights and black spliter but it is a eye catcher.i like the brakes and the intake. i like too the thick side sills from the xk - styling pack.i am already looking for appearance ground effect for my xk though still looking for a 2007 xk. ha. the xk styling pack thick side sills does not match the thiner xkrs spliter or difusor? good you paint the splitter black to hide. maybe get the whole xk sytling pack to match the side sills ? but you have xkr not xk.i saw carbon effect roof on subaru on white or bright colors and looks good but not feel right on xk.* maybe it is the color of exterior. you customer is all that counts.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,132 Likes on 3,379 Posts

Originally Posted by XKRacer
Just finished this X150, below is everything I have fitted

...[irrelevant portions omitted]

Alcon 6 pot brakes fitted 400mm discs front and Alcon rears with the brembo handbrake caliper

XKRS Vortex wheels were fitted and painted in Anthracite, you see the caliper and disc quite well in this pic

I am quite happy with the outcome

I like it, too. Unique and tasteful, and not too "over the top".

One question: now that you fitted the big Alcon rotors and calipers, what do you do for a spare tire? My 2009 XKR Portfolio cvt has 20" Selena wheels with Alcon brakes but no spare; just a 12v air pump and a can of fix-a-flat. My dealer explained that Jaguar does not offer a temporary spare that will fit with the Alcon brakes. Have you figured out a work-around using the factory spare with a spacer? I'm reluctant to take a long trip without a spare. What about run-flat tires? I wonder why the factory didn't fit them with the big brake package. Thanks for your thoughts.

sdookhan (10-16-2013)

Quick Reply: 2007 XKR Mods