XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2009 xk rear passenger window stuck open

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2009 xk rear passenger window stuck open

Valet brought car back with all windows open and top up. Now rear passenger window clicks a bit when the top is going on but doesn't move. (Can you even roll down the rear quarter window using the door button?) Is this a regulator? A broken cable? How much will this cost? ugh of course it is raining now. Can it be pulled up? No garage.
Other question - Can opening the top when the trunk is full or the piece is not in place cause this to happen?

Old 11-17-2014, 02:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,982 Likes on 2,123 Posts

Originally Posted by CClifton
Valet brought car back with all windows open and top up. Now rear passenger window clicks a bit when the top is going on but doesn't move. (Can you even roll down the rear quarter window using the door button?) Is this a regulator? A broken cable? How much will this cost? ugh of course it is raining now. Can it be pulled up? No garage.
Other question - Can opening the top when the trunk is full or the piece is not in place cause this to happen?
Reset your windows as follows:
Turn ON the engine, and make sure the doors are closed and the convertible roof is closed.
--Fully close the driver's window, then release the switch. Again pull the switch to close the window and just hold for two seconds.
--Open the driver's window fully and release the switch. Again press the switch to open the window and just hold for two seconds.
--Fully close the passenger's window, then release the switch. Again pull the switch to close the window and just hold for two seconds.
--Open the passenger's window fully and release the switch. Again press the switch to open the window and just hold for two seconds.

Cycle the top up and down one time.

This should solve the problem. If it recurs, the most likely cause is a weak battery.

If it is just one window and the problem continues, it is most likely the regulator. If this is the problem, get a tarp over the car as there is no easy way to hot wire the window without significant disassembly of the interior.

Openning the trunk while operating the top will halt the top. In some cases it can also cause the top to lose sync causing the windows and/or top to need to be reset.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 11-17-2014 at 02:49 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by WhiteXKR:
LoudHogRider (08-17-2015), ralphwg (11-17-2014)
Old 11-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well two years later the drivers side rear window broke! Paid $550 for a part and $711 labor last time = $1357. Ugh. 6 hours of labor I guess.. I am mechanical to an extent but not enough to do this myself. WISH I could.
Both times what snapped the cable is attempting to put down the top with the trunk separator not in exact place. I hardly ever use the top, not sure if that contributes. They say they dry out though.