Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,228 Likes on 788 Posts
Default 2012 XKR Convert for sale 10,500 miles

Jagtoes.......perhaps this is your car.

Make an offer.

Used 2012 Jaguar XKR Convertible For Sale | Naples FL

Hope this helps. Looks like it meets all your critera.

It's a fantastic color combination, Blue and Ivory interior.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak

Make an offer.

Beautiful color combo. This one is a real eye catcher.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak

Make an offer.

Yep , thanks Rich I've already been in touch with the dealer and had a friend look at the car. Other then the ivory seats it fits my bill . I have made an offer but so far they are not budging on the price. Meanwhile I'll keep on the hunt. I also called about a blue one in LasVegas and it is a 2013 but am waiting for more info . Thanks

Old 02-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Yep , thanks Rich I've already been in touch with the dealer and had a friend look at the car. Other then the ivory seats it fits my bill . I have made an offer but so far they are not budging on the price. Meanwhile I'll keep on the hunt. I also called about a blue one in LasVegas and it is a 2013 but am waiting for more info . Thanks
If the price is an issue and you ned to finance it , Alliant Credit union in Chicago on touhy has been sending out flyers to refi hi-line cars for 1.4 % for 48 to 60 months.. 773-462-2000 is the phone number. They will also do ferraris, porshces and astons. A gf of mine in the chicago suburbs did her refi thru them and everything was done electronically including the signatures. She never stepped in the office. This company has other offices in the U.S. but the Chicago office does the hi-line cars. They are great people also. I helped do my gf refi on her car and these people are very knowledgeable and are more interested in getting things done sooner rather than later. They have been around forever

Old 02-22-2014, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
If the price is an issue and you ned to finance it , Alliant Credit union in Chicago on touhy has been sending out flyers to refi hi-line cars for 1.4 % for 48 to 60 months.. 773-462-2000 is the phone number. They will also do ferraris, porshces and astons. A gf of mine in the chicago suburbs did her refi thru them and everything was done electronically including the signatures. She never stepped in the office. This company has other offices in the U.S. but the Chicago office does the hi-line cars. They are great people also. I helped do my gf refi on her car and these people are very knowledgeable and are more interested in getting things done sooner rather than later. They have been around forever
Thanks SoCal but this will be a cash deal. I just sold my old Ferrari fun car which I had for 14 years. I'm ready for my last fun car. With the old Fcar you would always wait for that big event like swallowing a sodium filled valve . I do all of my own maintenance and have not been to afraid of engine rebuilds , etc. . But at my age I am starting to take it a little easier and enjoy the ride. I am looking at having this car for a least 10 years which will put me in my 80's. So I am looking for the right car in the right price range and then I'll put it in my garage. So thanks for the tips and I'll look into the Texas dealer.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:25 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 926 Likes on 607 Posts

I think you could do a lot better on the price. I'd prefer the black one in Thousand Oaks. That's just me. Everyone has different taste. If you are patient and have the time I think you should get one in your color choice and options, a 2012 XKR, for $62,000 +/- $3,000. Your colors are not the most sought after colors so I think you can negotiate low.

I bought my first Jaguar 2011 XKR 175 with only 3,500 miles on it a distressed sale in the, are you ready, low $40,000. I sold it 6 months later for over $67,000 and could have got more. The buyer was a dealer and paid my asking price in full (he had it sold before he bought it). I bought my current 2013 XKR with performance exhaust and dynamic pack with only 300 miles in the high $70,000 last July.

I will buy any high end performance car for the right price.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:43 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
I think you could do a lot better on the price. I'd prefer the black one in Thousand Oaks. That's just me. Everyone has different taste. If you are patient and have the time I think you should get one in your color choice and options, a 2012 XKR, for $62,000 +/- $3,000. Your colors are not the most sought after colors so I think you can negotiate low.

I bought my first Jaguar 2011 XKR 175 with only 3,500 miles on it a distressed sale in the, are you ready, low $40,000. I sold it 6 months later for over $67,000 and could have got more. The buyer was a dealer and paid my asking price in full (he had it sold before he bought it). I bought my current 2013 XKR with performance exhaust and dynamic pack with only 300 miles in the high $70,000 last July.

I will buy any high end performance car for the right price.

DGL I'm assuming you've got a lot better contacts then I do so I don't think I will find anything less then $75K in the next few months. Hopefully I will but I wouldn't bet on it. From a negotiations standpoint I'm in the drivers seat but finding the right deal might be the problem. If I were in it for the short haul I would have picked up one of the many 2011's and sold it in a few years but I'm in it for at least 10 years or death , whichever comes first.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:58 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

DGL I'm assuming you've got a lot better contacts then I do so I don't think I will find anything less then $75K in the next few months. Hopefully I will but I wouldn't bet on it. From a negotiations standpoint I'm in the drivers seat but finding the right deal might be the problem. If I were in it for the short haul I would have picked up one of the many 2011's and sold it in a few years but I'm in it for at least 10 years or death , whichever comes first.

I wish you the best of luck and don't like to see people not get a good deal. If you're looking for a specific car and are going to hold on to it for 10 years then paying market or a bit more is financially prudent. Most important is when you look at your car you'll feel good--don't compromise. You seem to be looking nation wide, very good, and the car you want will show up. Hang it there and please don't buy something you consider second best to find out the one you really wanted showed up a month later for a better price. Keep us updated. If I should come across a car that meets your specs I'll pm you. If you find a car that you really like and it's at a very favourable price I suggest you do your research and if it's the car for you put a deposit on it pending a blank PPI (inspection) before posting it here. Their are a lot of guest visitors lurking around that could ****** the car up if it's a real good deal. After securing the car you could post it here to get some feed back.

Last edited by DGL; 02-22-2014 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 04:10 PM
Veteran Member
Received 345 Likes on 239 Posts

Your going to be the coolest 70 year old dude ever!!!!!

Old 02-22-2014, 04:20 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Your going to be the coolest 70 year old dude ever!!!!!
Ryan, you're cracking me up. He's going to have it for 10 years. So, at 80, he'll still have all the young 70 year old girls chasing him. All we need to do is find him the right car!

Last edited by DGL; 02-22-2014 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,183 Likes on 895 Posts

Jagtoes - If they still have the car after 4/1, they will probably be much more likely to accept your offer. At that point most of the snowbirds are gone and their season is about over.

Old 02-23-2014, 11:31 PM
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I agree with the seat color is not for me but otheriwse beautiful car.

Old 02-24-2014, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by ralphwg
Jagtoes - If they still have the car after 4/1, they will probably be much more likely to accept your offer. At that point most of the snowbirds are gone and their season is about over.

I hear ya and will rework the numbers if it lasts that long. Meanwhile I'm still in the hunt. Thanks

Old 02-24-2014, 08:39 AM
Veteran Member

I hear ya and will rework the numbers if it lasts that long. Meanwhile I'm still in the hunt. Thanks
Jagtoes:

I realize you are looking for the best deal possible on price points. In light of your intent to keep your new Jaguar purchase for 10 years into your 80's, you might consider giving yourself a little leaway on pricing.

If you find a nice Jaguar and it might be a few thousand more dollars, you may want to go for it. At your current age, there is a trade off for enjoyment of the car vs the cost. I am not saying rush out and buy anything, but use some good judgement on the issue of cost vs enjoyment vs time spent to drive the car, and consider possible future health issues to enjoy the new ride.

As a retired financial advisor of 31 years I have seen many articles about retirement age individuals holding on to their assets, when they can afford to spend a little.

Spending a few thousand dollars more to get what you want, in the long run, may not really affect your net worth position. As we get older we are less inclined to spend, and we retain the mentality to save and save, when in the end, we can't take our money this us, and it doesn't affect the overall asset value of one's estate.

So I suggest you consider uping your possible price point to get what you want and enjoy. There is a cost of enjoyment. The more you search, the hunt gets frustrating, and you lose valuable driving time.

This is just food for thought, that perhaps you have already considered these points made.

Life is short, enjoy every day if you can.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:34 PM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Jagtoes, If this is going to be your last Jag, pick the ext.color/ interior color you want and DO NOT COMPROMISE. If you get something not exactly what you want you will always have that little bit of " it's not exactly what I wanted but". Patience will pay off in the long run, it will show up. Personally that R in Naples would be MY choice! Good luck.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:38 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by bobdr1
Jagtoes, Patience will pay off in the long run, it will show up. Personally that R in Naples would be MY choice! Good luck.
I am with you on this one, it's one beautiful car, but may not be what the potential buyer and forum member may want.

Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 PM
Veteran Member

Jagtoes, If this is going to be your last Jag, pick the ext.color/ interior color you want and DO NOT COMPROMISE. If you get something not exactly what you want you will always have that little bit of " it's not exactly what I wanted but". Patience will pay off in the long run, it will show up. Personally that R in Naples would be MY choice! Good luck.
I hear ya and as I mentioned I have some time. I must admit the color is great IMO and even the seats make this car a standout. My concern was how well the Ivory would hold up over time. So this is high on my list but there is still time.

Old 02-25-2014, 05:24 AM
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Lexol followed by Aerospace 303 for UV protection monthly and it should last as long as you. I love the ivory, adds even more touch of luxury to the car. You can check out % of colors and interiors for the different yrs at 2012 Jaguar XK Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com

The following 2 users liked this post by bobdr1:
Kopavi (02-25-2014), richzak (02-25-2014)
Old 02-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Veteran Member

Lexol followed by Aerospace 303 for UV protection monthly and it should last as long as you. I love the ivory, adds even more touch of luxury to the car. You can check out % of colors and interiors for the different yrs at 2012 Jaguar XK Data, Info and Specs | GTCarLot.com
Your right on with the Lexol and 303. I use the 303 Fabric Protector on my vert top. It is great. Since the Jag XKR Portfolio is garage kept 100% of time while idol, I use the 303 every 3 months.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Never seen a brinks truck follow a hearse. Got for the gusto!

Quick Reply: 2012 XKR Convert for sale 10,500 miles