XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Any info on the XKR in GA?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts
Old 08-13-2018, 06:22 PM
Received 169 Likes on 107 Posts

Make an offer of $30K as is. If they accept it you have enough left to get all the repairs done.

Old 08-13-2018, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 969 Likes on 654 Posts

If they're willing to remedy all those problems for the $34k price, I think it's difficult not to get it.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 893 Posts
Old 08-14-2018, 12:09 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

I'll sell you the battery for half price-- $1250 :-)

Honestly, I doubt they are willing to remedy anything. I would walk. That is a very long list. Who knows what secondary issues may be found during repairs.

Best!

Old 08-14-2018, 07:28 AM
Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

The dealer wants to take it to Enzos Jaguar Ferrari and will get back to me, quoting: "I am sure we can work something out."
To be continued...

Old 08-14-2018, 08:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by envincibal
The dealer wants to take it to Enzos Jaguar Ferrari and will get back to me, quoting: "I am sure we can work something out."
To be continued...
My take is that any reputable dealer would fix all of these issues prior to putting the car on the lot. There appears to be to many issues both known and unknown to take a risk on this car. I see this as the tip of the iceberg and when they see how much Enzo wants to fix it they will maybe auction this thing off. There are more used XK's on the market so wait until the right one comes up.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:20 AM

Just heard back from Memar Auto... they will fix the issues listed from the PPI, except for the leaking oil seal (saying that its common on Jags (not sure if I believe that one) and that its not a big deal (though I know it still needs to be fixed). In an effort to explain the battery needing to be replaced (possibly causing the CEL), he told me that the car has been sitting for about 5 months. Sounds like he's trying but I'm becoming more inclined to walk away.

Old 08-14-2018, 08:32 AM
Veteran Member

Just heard back from Memar Auto... they will fix the issues listed from the PPI, except for the leaking oil seal (saying that its common on Jags (not sure if I believe that one) and that its not a big deal (though I know it still needs to be fixed). In an effort to explain the battery needing to be replaced (possibly causing the CEL), he told me that the car has been sitting for about 5 months. Sounds like he's trying but I'm becoming more inclined to walk away.
Just for fun tell him you will seriously consider the offer but ALL issues must be fixed including the rear main seal oil leak (requires removal of transmission). Also everything needs to work . The oil leak is not normal . Also when was the last time the car was started considering it sat for 5 months. By the way could this be a flood car. I still would move on. It took me 6 months to find mine.

The following users liked this post:
envincibal (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 09:56 AM
dsd
Veteran Member
Received 326 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
My take is that any reputable dealer would fix all of these issues prior to putting the car on the lot. There appears to be to many issues both known and unknown to take a risk on this car. I see this as the tip of the iceberg and when they see how much Enzo wants to fix it they will maybe auction this thing off. There are more used XK's on the market so wait until the right one comes up.
A car on the lot with a CEL is a huge red flag. That shows no care or prep has been taken. These are not rare cars.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,140 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
If they're willing to remedy all those problems for the $34k price, I think it's difficult not to get it.
How would you know if they are fixing or masking the problem?

This reminds me of an old used car sales trick - if the check engine light is on, take the dash bulb out. The light is no longer on because there is no bulb to be on.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:14 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I live in Atlanta and have a 2011 XKR coupe for sale. Let me know if you want to check it out while you're down here.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:27 PM

Just emailed the selling dealership and told them I'm not interested. Too risky and I'll wait for another XKR convertible (MY12 or better) to show up
thanks everyone!!

The following 2 users liked this post by envincibal:
ralphwg (08-14-2018), Ranchero50 (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Just emailed the selling dealership and told them I'm not interested. Too risky and I'll wait for another XKR convertible (MY12 or better) to show up
thanks everyone!!
I'll keep a lookout up here. Not many convertibles though I'm afraid. Good luck with your search.

envincibal (08-14-2018)
Old 08-14-2018, 02:46 PM
Veteran Member

thanks everyone!!
There is a boat load of XK's here. What specificily are you looking for. https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&firstRecord=0

Old 08-16-2018, 04:46 AM

I came across this one, also in the same area... carfax shows an accident, and the obvious on the front of the car (took hook cover missing, and it looks like one of the sensor covers is smashed): https://www.atlantaautos.com/2013-jaguar-xkr-c-4909.htm
I was getting ready to set an appointment with Hennessy Jag, and I noticed that the carpet in the back seat looks 'dirty' - like muddy. I probably should walk away and be patient finding the right XKR for me (2012 or better and def pref a vert over the coupe, since I'd be selling my 07 XK vert).

Old 08-16-2018, 06:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 545 Likes on 364 Posts

I agree the missing tow cover probably tells the story. The interior looks pretty bad, Armor All'd seats & steering wheel as well as pretty dirty & scratched. Maybe its the 55K on the clock but one would think they would do a better job detailing for hi rez photos. Damage may have been in the rear as the inner liners are hanging loose in the boot.

Old 08-16-2018, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member

I came across this one, also in the same area... carfax shows an accident, and the obvious on the front of the car (took hook cover missing, and it looks like one of the sensor covers is smashed): https://www.atlantaautos.com/2013-jaguar-xkr-c-4909.htm
I was getting ready to set an appointment with Hennessy Jag, and I noticed that the carpet in the back seat looks 'dirty' - like muddy. I probably should walk away and be patient finding the right XKR for me (2012 or better and def pref a vert over the coupe, since I'd be selling my 07 XK vert).
As I mentioned I am surprised that a dealer would advertise a car with parts missing or broken. I guess I have different expectations. So now I can somewhat guess what you are looking for. Lets say a 2012-2015 XKR convertible with low to mid miles in any color combination. Finding one in your local area may be a problem so I assume you are doing a nationwide search. Are you using the usual sites to look like cargurus or autotrader or the dealer network. There are others but I see a lot of cars available. I live in NY and found my car in NH and bought it based on ownership , mileage , color and service history. All done by internet and phone. Took 6 months but that was due to waiting for a color . If you want black , silver , gray or white they were a dime a dozen when I was looking. Expand your search. Here is a dozen or more converts https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true

Old 08-16-2018, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by jagtoes
As I mentioned I am surprised that a dealer would advertise a car with parts missing or broken. I guess I have different expectations. So now I can somewhat guess what you are looking for. Lets say a 2012-2015 XKR convertible with low to mid miles in any color combination. Finding one in your local area may be a problem so I assume you are doing a nationwide search. Are you using the usual sites to look like cargurus or autotrader or the dealer network. There are others but I see a lot of cars available. I live in NY and found my car in NH and bought it based on ownership , mileage , color and service history. All done by internet and phone. Took 6 months but that was due to waiting for a color . If you want black , silver , gray or white they were a dime a dozen when I was looking. Expand your search. Here is a dozen or more converts https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...sModified=true
Yep, been using cargurus, autotrader, and nearly anything else, and looking nationwide (only a plane ticket away or have it shipped home). You pretty much nailed what I'm looking for (2012-15 XKR vert, prefer low miles, and not too fussy on color). One option that I found that I'm really drawn towards is the Takoba rims (I think it reminds me of the rims on my vette, but thankfully not the bright chrome). I'm also trying to keep the cost below 40k, so if I have to play the waiting game, I have nothing but time (and a beautiful 07 XK to keep driving!).
I just found a '14 vert in the balt area, but they are asking a bit much (46k), at least for me; hopefully going to drive down tonight with my fiance and see where things go

Old 08-16-2018, 01:18 PM

So, I received a response from the seller (after I told him I was going to pass) - what do you guys think? I'm not buying into the rear seal leak not being an issue, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
he following repairs was done in the last few days.
1- brake fluid flush
2- interior lights
3-front new brakes pads and rotors and sensors
4-front lower control arm bushings and alignment
5-windshield wipers
6-new battery
7-noise from header rail
This is almost $2500. worth of repairs. the check engine light was on, due to the low voltage of the battery. no concern now. The only repair that was not done is the rear main seal , and here is why.I don't think Hennessey jaguar made a fair assessment of this issue. This Jaguar was sitting in my showroom for over six months. we cranked it up every once in a while.did not drive it every day. If you ask any auto technician, they probably will tell you that, when a car (specially Jaguar and Land rover), sit for a long period of time, they may have a wetness or seepage around the main seal, which could go away by daily driving. this is not an oil leak that you see on the ground.its simply a wetness or seepage of the main seal. it is true that this problem exists , but at the same time, this is not a new car either. based on my experience with cars, you can drive this car for a long time before you run into any problems with the main seal.

Jon, this is a great car, and low mileage. it has been driven locally, and garage kept at all times by the last owner. I have known the last owner for the last ten years. He is a Physician living in Atlanta, and I can give you all his contact info, after the purchase. this car is rust free, southern car, and a great deal. I am receiving other calls on it, but I would like you to get the car ,since you have already spent money on the inspection, and you know that its a good car,according to the inspection , and my recent service.You can call me anytime after 6.pm today to follow up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cee Jay (08-16-2018)

Quick Reply: Any info on the XKR in GA?