XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Anyone try to change these yet?

Old 06-09-2014, 02:50 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone try to change these yet?

From the 2009 Service Manuel See the attachment.

Has anyone changed the Side Marker #1 and the Side Lamp #4 (From Headlight)

Or from the Tail lights #1 Side Marker and #4 Tail.

I changed the Break lights the other day and it was very Simple and could have changed the Tail Light Side Marker and Tail light easily as I already had the Tail Light off the Car but I wanted to know If anyone has changed them on the car yet and if they could post some pictures of how it looks during night time. Also did you get any errors doing so?

I was thinking of using Either some 20 SMD Led's or 5 SMD Led's for the swap. I would think the LED's would give the car a more modern look doing so.

Attached Thumbnails Anyone try to change these yet?-jaguar-xkr-head-tail-light.jpg  
Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 PM

BUMP

So has anyone done this yet?
Or should I be the first to try it and let everyone know how it looks?

Old 07-03-2014, 04:15 AM

Well it seems like nobody has done this before so I went ahead and tried it.

I only did both Headlights for now and I am VERY Pleased with final Look! It Looks much more modern and its just so much of an improvement in my eyes.

Stock Side lights daytime:
Name:  IMG_6213.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  75.0 KB

LED Side lights daytime:
Name:  IMG_6214.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  67.3 KB

LED Side lights nighttime:
Name:  IMG_6230.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  43.5 KB

Stock Side lights with headlight on:
Name:  IMG_6221.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  52.9 KB

LED Side lights with headlight on:
Name:  IMG_6220.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  61.1 KB

LED Side lights with headlights Full view:
Name:  IMG_6225.jpg
Views: 514
Size:  59.9 KB

LED Side lights only Full view:
Name:  IMG_6228.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  55.7 KB

LED Side lights only Full view Nighttime:
Name:  IMG_6231.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  59.9 KB

LED Side lights only Output power on my Garage:
Name:  IMG_6242.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  69.1 KB

So what do you guys think? Also I'm planning to do the Tail lights tomorrow (well technically today..)

Old 07-03-2014, 07:29 AM
Received 194 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks nice. I changed the front indicator bulbs and orange side-markers for silver-vision type items a few months ago (sorry, only just saw your thread). They look silver when off but the correct orange colour when lit up.

Before:

Name:  IMAG0165_zps0327f8e2.jpg
Views: 494
Size:  86.7 KB

After:

Name:  IMAG0167_zpsbc8efe0d.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  68.2 KB

Old 07-03-2014, 08:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 316 Posts

just saw yur thread too, i have all bulbs changed to led on my 07 xkr, all canbus error free, the amber front indicator and side marker bulbs, i got in led to, go amber when on.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Sweet great pics! Now you just have to match up the fog lights

Old 07-03-2014, 12:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 587 Likes on 316 Posts

what would be the best led bulbs for the fog lights to give them the same color match to the leds [the white crisp appearance] , the leds seem a lot more expensive than the white halogen , but might have same effect. What is the correct bulb, just a matter of swaping.
Instructions on how to fit bulb would be great, mine is a 2007 with the fogs fitted in the grill effect sides, same as bigreda357's car in picture. Does the grill pop out to get at light or have i to r emove the under tray.

Last edited by powerhouse; 07-03-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:39 PM

Thanks for everyone's feed back.
How do you think it would look of I changed the Turn signals in the front, back, and side of the cars to all LED's? Or do you think I should keep them Amber since it's the most common color for Turn signals?

Powerhouse, When I was changing the bulbs yesterday and wondered how to change them since the manual did not say how. Later at night I noticed they are more yellowish then the headlights and thought of changing them but didn't know how. I think you would have to take off the cover that's on top/front of the tires.

Btw did anybody change the tail light side lights to LEDs yet?

The following users liked this post:
powerhouse (07-04-2014)
Old 07-04-2014, 04:37 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by bigreda357
So what do you guys think?
Looks good. Do you have any more info on what you purchased?

Old 07-06-2014, 05:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigreda357
Well it seems like nobody has done this before so I went ahead and tried it.

I only did both Headlights for now and I am VERY Pleased with final Look! It Looks much more modern and its just so much of an improvement in my eyes.

Stock Side lights daytime:

LED Side lights daytime:

LED Side lights nighttime:

Stock Side lights with headlight on:

LED Side lights with headlight on:

LED Side lights with headlights Full view:

LED Side lights only Full view:

LED Side lights only Full view Nighttime:

LED Side lights only Output power on my Garage:

So what do you guys think? Also I'm planning to do the Tail lights tomorrow (well technically today..)
Which led light did you go with. The lights look good I want to change mine out. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-07-2014, 08:39 AM
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

The use of led's in the front lights, instead of the normal bulbs, is illegal in Europe and leads to severe fines and loss of insurance.

Old 07-07-2014, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by mcdutch
The use of led's in the front lights, instead of the normal bulbs, is illegal in Europe and leads to severe fines and loss of insurance.
LOL, that's a pretty broad statement! Germany hasn't taken over Europe yet buddy, I know they're sporting them all over the Med, or as you might say the P.I.G.S.

Love the "rain on your parade" attitude though. There's always one.

By the way what kind of lighting are on all Audi models nowadays? Oh yeah LEDs

mcdutch (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 12:09 AM
The following 2 users liked this post by bigreda357:
Jayjaguar (07-08-2014), u102768 (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 04:01 AM
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike V
LOL, that's a pretty broad statement! Germany hasn't taken over Europe yet buddy, I know they're sporting them all over the Med, or as you might say the P.I.G.S.

Love the "rain on your parade" attitude though. There's always one.

By the way what kind of lighting are on all Audi models nowadays? Oh yeah LEDs

First of all, I love the optics of the conversion with the LED's. Secondary, I'm dutch so I can judge weather it's legal in Germany and the Netherlands. It is not!
In the third place, the use of an acronym P.I.G.S. is inappropriate for people that can afford and drive a beautiful UK-Brand car.
Fourth, nearly all light-manufacturers state that those LED-bulbs are not street legal and for off road use only. Loss of M.O.T. or TÜV in Europe is possible when people state they are blinded by those lights and an accident takes place because of that. In those cases Insurancecompanies won't pay.
Manufacturers like Audi, Mercedes etc use LED's but those cars are street legal by conformity. I would love to tune up my car, with exhausts, LED and changes of the engine. In Germany however it is quite risky. On the other hand however you can really drive fast and enjoy your car on some autobahn parts.

"Love the "rain on your parade" In all forums I have contributed, it was okay to make a democratic statement, without being mocked about.
I certainly don't hope that this mentality is common in this forum, as I have not read anything like this before.
"Germany hasn't taken over Europe yet buddy, I know they're sporting them all over the Med" If you think that is funny, I don't, My family lost many people during the WW II.
Living in Germany, I learned there is a new Generation that has no such plans as you insinuate.

Best regards,

Raymond

Jffcurt (07-26-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by mcdutch
so I can judge weather it's legal in Germany and the Netherlands. It is not!
Right there Genius, you've already contradicted your previous statement that they're "illegal in Europe"

There is more to Europe than just the Netherlands and Germany.

If you want to be "democratic" don't make statements as if they are fact and when they are bogus or simply what you "judge".

mcdutch (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 05:52 AM

Jayjaguar,

I tried the cheap ebay ones but they kept burning out. I finally got these and I'm really happy with them:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Mike V; 07-08-2014 at 05:58 AM.
Jayjaguar (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Mike V
Right there Genius, you've already contradicted your previous statement that they're "illegal in Europe"

There is more to Europe than just the Netherlands and Germany.

If you want to be "democratic" don't make statements as if they are fact and when they are bogus or simply what you "judge".
His first post was entirely valid, it served as a warning for members in European countries to check whether there was legislation against fitting these types of bulbs in their countries. Most European countries require automotive bulbs to carry a specific mark for type approval which most aftermarket LED bulbs (i.e. not like the Audi OEM bulbs you mentioned) do not carry.

Give the guy a break, he was only trying to warn that some people could run into legal trouble by fitting these.

The following 6 users liked this post by 8bit:
CleverName (07-28-2014), Jffcurt (07-26-2014), mcdutch (07-08-2014), scm (07-08-2014), sharx8 (07-27-2014), sherbercars (07-26-2014) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-08-2014, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by 8bit
His first post was entirely valid, it served as a warning for members in European countries to check whether there was legislation against fitting these types of bulbs in their countries. Most European countries require automotive bulbs to carry a specific mark for type approval which most aftermarket LED bulbs (i.e. not like the Audi OEM bulbs you mentioned) do not carry.

Give the guy a break, he was only trying to warn that some people could run into legal trouble by fitting these.
Plus it'll void your warranty... Some people like to discuss mods and some like to kill the discussion.

I'm sure this thread really benefited from this insight.

I feel bad for the OP, simple discussion "How do I do this?" and "I did it, what do you think?"

and the responses you two offer is "Hey, don't do that"

Great contribution!!!

These forums are to share ideas not just sjoot them down. Not to just cry that the dealer charges you too much for service you could do on your own.

If every time someone asked "How do I change my ABC or whatever?" and the only responses were "You can't its illegal" or "it'll void your warranty" tell me????? Who would gain? Who would learn anything?

No one. This is sad when its best to discourage others.

mcdutch (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 11:04 AM

Quote what I said which can be directly paraphrased as "Hey, don't do that". While you're at it, show exactly what I said which could only be construed as an attempt to "kill the discussion" or shoot down the idea. Then get off your high horse.

My first post in this thread was showing that I basically did what the OP did, just I used different type of bulbs instead of LEDs, so explain how that makes me anti-ideas or following the heard, or whatever it is you have imagined I'm guilty of.

Actually don't bother - I'm fed up reading such childish rantings.

The following 3 users liked this post by 8bit:
Jffcurt (07-26-2014), mcdutch (07-08-2014), scm (07-08-2014)
Old 07-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,122 Likes on 795 Posts

Jeez, Mike, why so grouchy? It's important to know that certain mods can cause warranty/compliance issues in geographies other than the one the OP lives in. Jag owners from all over the world read this forum; things that may be fine in the US could cause grief for people elsewhere.

Big Red: they look good. I share your reservation about going for white LED turn signals; as you say, it's not what people are used to looking for. Over here, we used to get US imports with the flashing red tail lamps as turn signals, and that confused people (to the point of causing accidents). You should be able to get amber LEDs which will still look white when not lit, thus getting rid of the 'fried egg' look.

The following 4 users liked this post by Ngarara:
8bit (07-08-2014), Jffcurt (07-26-2014), mcdutch (07-08-2014), sharx8 (07-27-2014)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone try to change these yet?