XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Anyone try this gauge

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 08:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,836 Likes on 1,231 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
This was my original write up on it. I'd advise trying to find a box with 12volt plug in vs 5 volt. I'd also ignore the link the flyc2c's setup as he also installed the HKS Camp2 at the same time. Instead, use the PDF I uploaded above. I removed all of the HKS Camp2 noise.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-camp2-175877/
I reviewed the PDF and it is not what I thought. I am looking for a plug and play approach where I don't have to take the interior apart and rewire some of the connectors. It's a nice modification but it's just as easy for me to use my Torque pro on my cell phone. Also there might be a wiring difference with the 2012+ cars that have a back up camera . My plug and play would be something like the ScanGauge II. Thank You

Old 06-05-2017, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,164 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Thanks for all the info, more for me to digest before I actually do anything.
Yeah my link digresses into a discussion about back up camera options. I just went with connecting to GVIF as seen in my video.

All told, if I had to guess, the wiring I mapped out in my mind and put to paper was about 1 hour.

Connecting GVIF without camera - 3 hours including running the wire up front, adjusting the vertical, horizontal, brightness etc

Setting up the Android box in my house (removed a bunch of apps from the box I wouldn't use then downloaded Torque Pro and Autostart. Set them up to launch on startup and go to the gauges - 2 hours. I didn't know how to use torque pro so I was a little slow here. I'd also never used a streaming media player before so a very small learning curve.

plug it in to GVIF and connect to BT then fire it up - 30 minutes with a beer.

Bottom line you can do it in a day, 2 if you want.

The following 2 users liked this post by Sean W:
Cee Jay (06-05-2017), myexcursion (06-08-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts

I have an Auto meter Dash Link that I got to experiment with on another vehicle and I just got around to trying it in my XKR last night. It works very well, except that the oil pressure readout didn't work. I haven't had time to ask Auto meter why, but other stuff like boost/vac, water temp, intake air temp, fuel trims, load %, HP, torque, ignition timing, and all the other sensors are all there to read. It's something like $150 and the done plugs in to the OBDII port. It's about the size of our key fobs, so you never see it. You can pair it to aNY Bluetooth phone or tablet, or buy Auto meter gauges and mount them somewhere.

The software side of things is decent and intuitive, and the gauge graphics are seamless; you'll swear they're real gauges if not for looking at a phone or tablet.

I tested it on my phone and it provides the additional data you guys are looking for. Over the weekend, I'll be shopping for a 6" tablet to mount to the steering column as a detachable display for the additional info.

I'll post back when I get the mount figured out. In the mean time...

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/atm-6032?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-auto-meter&gclid=Cj0KEQjwyN7JBRCZn7LKgb3ki8kBEiQAaLEsqg hga_Y2xKyiOmoHbtkMgBZxhwvS7OqpDXlSvQt3NqIaApvk8P8H AQ

Old 06-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mandrake
I have an Auto meter Dash Link that I got to experiment with on another vehicle and I just got around to trying it in my XKR last night. It works very well, except that the oil pressure readout didn't work. I haven't had time to ask Auto meter why, but other stuff like boost/vac, water temp, intake air temp, fuel trims, load %, HP, torque, ignition timing, and all the other sensors are all there to read. It's something like $150 and the done plugs in to the OBDII port. It's about the size of our key fobs, so you never see it. You can pair it to aNY Bluetooth phone or tablet, or buy Auto meter gauges and mount them somewhere.

The software side of things is decent and intuitive, and the gauge graphics are seamless; you'll swear they're real gauges if not for looking at a phone or tablet.

I tested it on my phone and it provides the additional data you guys are looking for. Over the weekend, I'll be shopping for a 6" tablet to mount to the steering column as a detachable display for the additional info.

I'll post back when I get the mount figured out. In the mean time...

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/atm...NqIaApvk8P8HAQ
FYI there is no oil pressure sensor in the jag so you will not get a reading.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts

Ah. I didn't know that. Thank you. Then in order to get oil pressure on the Dashlink, I think they have an external input module that would take a reading from an added oil pressure sensor tee'd in somewhere.

Old 06-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Ah. I didn't know that. Thank you. Then in order to get oil pressure on the Dashlink, I think they have an external input module that would take a reading from an added oil pressure sensor tee'd in somewhere.
It's a little more difficult then that. Your autometer OBDII plug gets it's info from the ECU. If you tee in a sensor it would have to be wired to the cars ECU in order for it to send a signal out the OBDII port. Even if they had an external module it would still need to be wired into the ECU.

Old 06-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,150 Likes on 3,085 Posts

I have an Auto meter Dash Link that I got to experiment with on another vehicle and I just got around to trying it in my XKR last night. It works very well, except that the oil pressure readout didn't work. I haven't had time to ask Auto meter why, but other stuff like boost/vac, water temp, intake air temp, fuel trims, load %, HP, torque, ignition timing, and all the other sensors are all there to read. It's something like $150 and the done plugs in to the OBDII port. It's about the size of our key fobs, so you never see it. You can pair it to aNY Bluetooth phone or tablet, or buy Auto meter gauges and mount them somewhere....
OR:
OBD2 II ELM327 V2.1 Auto MINI Bluetooth Diagnostic Scanner Tool for Car, Blue | eBay
I paid $6 for mine, but it came with the full versions of both Torque Pro and Dash Commander.