XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AUX input with Bluetooth for X150, you don't need an ACM

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 05:04 PM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by Aarcuda
So I guess this option isn’t available for my S type 2006 model?
For the S-Type have a look at the JagDroid-CD solution JagDroid-CD ? Bluetooth audio streaming upgrade for the Jaguar XJ X350/X358, S-Type and X-Type

The following users liked this post:
Aarcuda (08-04-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 01:59 AM
Received 81 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
And yet, on your website, you offer this adaptor for sale for 80 Euros.
It's too expensive for you to buy, but you are happy to sell it for that price? You certainly have some interesting ideas....
Yes it's right but i don't offer on the forum. 80 euros it's your price (i've no shipping). if you offer 50 euros i offer mine 50 euros.
Marc

Old 09-11-2020, 08:59 AM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Many thanks to Cambo and WhiteXKR! Just installed your Bluetooth kit in my '08 XKR, had the aux activated, and couldn't be happier. Wish I could have done it years ago!

The following 2 users liked this post by AirCav:
Bill Mack (10-19-2020), MCX (11-12-2022)
Old 10-15-2020, 09:33 AM
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Cambo
Lucky I had the matching terminals for this connector in my collection, so I could crimp new terminals on, and fit them into the factory connector at the back of the radio.

But actually i got the idea, because you can buy AUX input cables for Volvos, which are very similar to the radios in the X150's... but not exactly the same...

So actually, I bought one of those for the Volvo's, and modified it to match the pinout of the Jag radio, the Volvo version does not work in the Jags, the pinouts are different, despite being more or less the same head unit.

Anyhow I can make these simple RCA with the suitable terminals on them, to just plug in to the factory connector, if you just want RCA's..

Cambo or someone elaborate on how to modify the pinout

Old 12-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Hi are you still making this

[QUOTE=Cambo;2076763]Thanks guys. Yes I am looking at making these available for sale.

The first question for me is if people will buy at the price point that I need to make this worth my while, to buy them in, modify them, package them with an instruction sheet, pack them in an envelope and take them to the post office.

If the bluetooth version is $120 AUD (~$85 USD, ~£66 GBP) plus postage of $8.50 AUD (~$7 USD, ~£5 GBP) would people be interested? Too expensive? Too cheap?

Bear in mind you will have to take the car to a Jaguar dealer and get the AUX input activated (whatever they will charge you for that).

I'd prefer to make just one version, the bluetooth, even though there are other possibilities with RCA cable, 3.5mm male plug, or even a panel mount AUX socket.
The reason for only bluetooth is it's quite a fast & easy DIY to just plug the bluetooth version into the back of the radio, whereas if you want to fit an AUX socket in the armrest there is a lot more disassembly, and cutting.

And doesn't everyone just use bluetooth these days anyhow?

Hi are you still making the Bluetooth one and if so how much all in to the uk
Michael

Old 12-05-2020, 02:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,981 Likes on 2,123 Posts

We stock them and ship free internationally: NEW!! '06 -'09 XK / XKR (X150) BLUETOOTH Streaming Adapter - TheJagWrangler
Total price is $129.95 USD. (UK/EU residents may have a small additional VAT and import charge upon delivery.)

Our version is modified for zero standby power drain when the vehicle is off.

The following users liked this post:
MCX (11-12-2022)
Old 12-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default thanks

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
We stock them and ship free internationally: NEW!! '06 -'09 XK / XKR (X150) BLUETOOTH Streaming Adapter - TheJagWrangler
Total price is $129.95 USD. (UK/EU residents may have a small additional VAT and import charge upon delivery.)

Our version is modified for zero standby power drain when the vehicle is off.

Thanks Ordered
Michael

Old 11-03-2021, 04:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Cambo:

Greetings from London.

I have read your post with great interest. Have just bought a 2008 Jaguar XKR (58 Reg) with B&W surround sound system. It has USB & iPod connectors in the centre console. Sadly, it did not come with the original iPod cable that was supplied. It also does not DAB Radio which was an option.

The manual indicates that an appropriate device attached to either USB of iPod connector should show up as a Portable Audio Device.

I have already bought two cables (part numbers 8X2T-14588-AA and 9X23-19h461-AA) on eBay that do not seem to work. There are also vendors selling a Jaguar Part no. C2P21008. But one of the vendors says that it may not work with my car because of the sound system.

To make things more confusing for me, when I typed in my VIN number on a particular website, my car shows up a MY2009 model car. My VIN is SAJAC44R399B31142
Anyway, can you please advise what options I have. My goal is to play DAB Radio from my iPhone. I have the original apple 30-pin to lightning adaptor.

I have been advised by Graham (our moderator) that I need an ACM. But why? Surely it has the necessary electronics already? Another vendor has advised that he thinks from memory that the iPod socket only recognised iPods and would not recognise an iPhone, however old.

Please can you help or advise?

Kind regards

William

Old 02-18-2022, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hello friend, i have installed volvo adapter for aux, i followed the installation manual, i activated aux with diagnostic tool, but i have a problem with the sound, the driver side speaker has very little sound, i have put the pin left 10 and right pin 12, but pin 11. I don't understand what ground I need to connect. The cable I bought is the volvo plug and play with bluetooth interface. Could you help me? Is it a ground connection trouble? Interface? the problem I have is in the bluetooth sound and aux connector

Old 02-19-2022, 06:43 AM
Received 330 Likes on 201 Posts

Pin 11 is the common signal return (earth) for both the left and right audio channels.
You should also verify signal continuity for each wire in case there is a poor connection.
Good luck!

Old 02-20-2022, 09:30 AM
Received 81 Likes on 48 Posts

Here the connector wire :

Old 07-31-2022, 04:39 AM
Received 350 Likes on 228 Posts

Having just been through the process of working out the XK150 audio wiring from the Jaguar diagrams, I thought it would be helpful to note down my conclusions so that others do not have to rediscover this particular wheel. I fitted my £12 modified Volvo Bluetooth adaptor yesterday and it works perfectly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164840744271

The only tools you need are a socket de-pining tool and a soldering iron / electrical tape / crimp connector as you prefer. This is for the earlier XK150s 2006-2009 and is all the information you need:

Pinout connections are for the large rectangular connector on the back of the audio unit. This is Jaguar connector IP057 which is the same physical form as the Volvo connector. The numbering is looking at the back of the 057 connector as it is plugged into the audio unit. This connector has the female openings and the male pins are on the audio unit. As soon as you look at the rear of connector, as in post #71 above, you can visualise the pinout below.

Pin 1 - Large pin, brown and white, permanent +ve / live (unless the RBD (remote battery disconnect relay - relay 2 in the auxiliary junction box) is activated with 12v across the white connector in the boot).

Pin 2 - Small pin, brown and white, switched ignition +ve / live. (A thinner cable than the brown/white permanent live)

Pin 3 - Small pin, not used

Pin 4 - Small pin, red, microphone +ve

Pin 5 - Small pin, green, microphone -ve

Pin 6 - Small pin, white, microphone screen

Pin 7 - Large pin, not used

Pin 8 - Large pin, black, -ve / ground

Pin 9 - Small pin, not used

Pin 10, Small pin, not used but is the aux input left channel

Pin 11, Small pin, not used but is the aux input common/ground

Pin 12, Small pin, not used but is the aux input right channel

Pin 13, Small pin, not used

Pin 14 - Large pin, not used

The wiring for the Volvo adaptor IP057-equivalent plug which goes into the back of the radio is a straight-through connector with all the pins at each end of the adaptor connected to the identical pin at the other end. If the Bluetooth module was not attached, the adaptor would simply be a way of extending the audio wiring by a few inches.

These are the five pins on the Volvo connector which are used for the Bluetooth (BT) module. I have not included the wiring colours as I suspect that these will be different depending upon which supplier you buy from.

Pin 1 - Large pin, BT power +ve

Pin 8 - Large pin, BT power -ve / ground

Pin 7 - Large pin, BT audio out right channel

Pin 9 - Small pin, BT audio out left channel

Pin 14 - Large pin, BT audio out common / ground

It seems strange that Volvo use a large pin for audio right channel and a small pin for audio left channel. At least the Jaguar wiring is logical. As you can see, the only pin on the Volvo adapter which is correct for Jaguar and can be left untouched is pin 8, BT module -ve.

The BT module +ve needs to be moved from permanent live pin 1 to switched live pin 2 otherwise your battery might be drained by the BT module. The audio output left channel needs to be moved from pin 9 to pin 10, the audio common ground needs to be moved from pin 14 to pin 11 and the audio output right channel moved from pin 7 to pin 12. If you are in any doubt as to which is the BT audio common, simply test the three audio output wires against the -ve feed to the BT module with a multimeter. Inside the BT module the audio ground and the -ve feed are shorted with zero resistance between them.

There are several ways to achieve the revisions to the wiring but I won't go into this level of detail unless someone is particularly interested. You will, of course, need to get the aux input activated through software as described in several posts above.

Richard

Last edited by RichardS; 07-31-2022 at 11:08 AM.
The following 6 users liked this post by RichardS:
bgpenguin21 (09-08-2023), kj07xk (07-31-2022), panthera999 (07-31-2022), peterv8 (07-31-2022), ralphwg (07-31-2022), V7Sport (08-01-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-02-2022, 09:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Portable audio

In my 2007 XK I bought the iPod, auxiliary, connection kit and 900.00 later I could plug in my wife’s old iPod and listen to all my music. With the 2010 XK I already have the connection installed and use the same iPod to listen to my music. It is the old wide connector cable but there are plenty of these iPods available on eBay. I enjoy Bluetooth on my wife’s 2015 X5 but not enough to tear into my cars wiring. I can read the music and titles on my touchscreen, skip, fast forward or choose to play all or all of that artist. That’s more than I can do on Bluetooth in my wife’s car!

Old 08-02-2022, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by johnjord205
In my 2007 XK I bought the iPod, auxiliary, connection kit and 900.00 later I could plug in my wife’s old iPod and listen to all my music. With the 2010 XK I already have the connection installed and use the same iPod to listen to my music. It is the old wide connector cable but there are plenty of these iPods available on eBay. I enjoy Bluetooth on my wife’s 2015 X5 but not enough to tear into my cars wiring. I can read the music and titles on my touchscreen, skip, fast forward or choose to play all or all of that artist. That’s more than I can do on Bluetooth in my wife’s car!
I'm not sure what's required with the 2010 cars but with the 2006-2009 versions there is no need to touch the cars original wiring. All the wiring changes are performed on the Volvo Bluetooth adapter and that costs $15 so, even if you were to make a total mess of the wiring, the most it would cost you is the $15. 🙂

Richard

Old 08-02-2022, 07:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjord205
I enjoy Bluetooth on my wife’s 2015 X5 but not enough to tear into my cars wiring.
Buy a WMA1000 Tune2Air and attach it in place of the iPod and you will have streaming Bluetooth capability.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Bluetooth adapter

I have considered buying a WMA1000 Tune2Air or similar adapter but one advantage of the iPod is that it plays through the factory interface but also charges so it sits in the console fully charged without additional charging cords, I can take the iPod out and update it to my computer and then put it back in the console and I can use all the controls as they are volume and skip or replay, I can use the audio screen to pick artists, playlists, play all or play all particular artists music or anything the iPod is capable of. So other than the outdated interface which does mean either owning an older iPod or acquiring one, but for me it’s not a problem. And the phone pairs immediately and I haven’t had a problem hearing or being heard. It seems to be a lot of work to fix a problem that really isn’t a problem and my experience with electrical gremlins makes me shy away from altering factory systems. But I know doing projects is part of the fun but I prefer driving mine to working on it.

Old 08-05-2022, 01:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,484 Likes on 907 Posts

The WMA1000 gets its power from the cable so nothing else is required.

My musical tastes change as I still follow the charts so Bluetooth streaming and Spotify play lists are my go to rather than having to muck about with adding music to an iPod.

Old 08-05-2022, 11:16 AM
d a
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, thanks for the explanation. While I still don't like the fact you need a PhD to enable a simple AUX plug in a car, I'm just curious to know what a dealership cost would be to enable all of the functions you listed (You need Engineering Mode / Coded Access, or an unlocked CCF master file, to manually edit the CCF using SDD.
This is the same process for enabling the reverse camera, enabling voice controls, enabling DAB+ digital radio, removing the speed limiter, and all the other retrofits and mods that i've done."). If I buy an SDD and CCF master file will I now have everything needed to make changes to my MY2010 XKR?

Old 08-06-2022, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by d a
Wow, thanks for the explanation. While I still don't like the fact you need a PhD to enable a simple AUX plug in a car, I'm just curious to know what a dealership cost would be to enable all of the functions you listed (You need Engineering Mode / Coded Access, or an unlocked CCF master file, to manually edit the CCF using SDD.
This is the same process for enabling the reverse camera, enabling voice controls, enabling DAB+ digital radio, removing the speed limiter, and all the other retrofits and mods that i've done."). If I buy an SDD and CCF master file will I now have everything needed to make changes to my MY2010 XKR?
I understand that this Volvo cable / Aux mod is not needed for the 2010 XKs. Does yours need it?

Richard

Old 03-30-2023, 01:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2008 XKR and would like to steam music (bluetooth and USB) have more reliable phone bluetooth. Any help help provided will be greatly appreciated.

Rik Knowles

Last edited by TBKIII; 03-30-2023 at 02:30 PM. Reason: remove phone#

Quick Reply: AUX input with Bluetooth for X150, you don't need an ACM