XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

A/C water in Passenger foot well

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
rip out dash is the only reliable "fix" unfortunately. Figured jag would've fixed this by 2009...
no it's not, and up until the latest drain were introduced, blockage would again happen with new part as it was the same as the old being removed. Define insanity====doing the same thing, but expecting a differant result....

Old 10-18-2013, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,167 Likes on 3,393 Posts

Originally Posted by Brutal
no it's not, and up until the latest drain were introduced, blockage would again happen with new part as it was the same as the old being removed. Define insanity====doing the same thing, but expecting a differant result....
Hey Brutal,

When was the latest drain introduced, and will it fit all X150 years? How does that drain differ from the earlier versions? How is that new drain installed and what is the approximate cost to do so?

I haven't had the problem yet, but I've been doing the easy PM (close top vents, max blower) every couple of weeks for the last few years. Am I just delaying the inevitable?

Thanks,

Stuart

and I thought you might appreciate this one...
If the opposite of Pro is Con, then the opposite of Progress is __________.

(Congress)

Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Received 2,184 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by stuart s
hey brutal,

when was the latest drain introduced, and will it fit all x150 years? How does that drain differ from the earlier versions? How is that new drain installed and what is the approximate cost to do so?

I haven't had the problem yet, but i've been doing the easy pm (close top vents, max blower) every couple of weeks for the last few years. Am i just delaying the inevitable?

Thanks,

stuart

and i thought you might appreciate this one...
If the opposite of pro is con, then the opposite of progress is __________.

(congress)
the new drain is no longer a duck bill, well it is but he is missing his lower bill. So there is no longer two pieces of rubber to stick together. Basically the tube is cut open. So you will no longer have this issue since it is now a open tube

The following users liked this post:
Stuart S (10-18-2013)
Old 10-19-2013, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chip
I have same problem, 6 months out of warranty, dlr needs $600 to drop trans and replace a/c drain with new improved version, I contacted jag hdquarters, filled compliant, they are sending me $250.00 to help . Which is much appreciated !
Chip, how do I get in touch with Jaguar Hdqtrs to ask for help? My XK 2008 needs a new Duck Bill...I guess

Old 10-20-2013, 06:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,188 Likes on 899 Posts

Go to the Jaguar USA website you will find all of the information as to contacting the Hq in New Jersey there. You can also find the necessary info in the handbook. If you don't have the handbook you can download a copy from this forum.

flashgordonfl (10-21-2013)
Old 11-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default XK 2009 A/C Leak Duck Bill and Dash Buckled up

I have a 2009 XK convertible. I got the dreaded a/c leak 2 months ago. The reverse air trick did NOT work for me. Jag USA knows about this issue. I got my car new and they were very helpful sending me coupons to pay. THEN I researched here (THANKS!!) and found out that my problem with the dash leather pulling up and buckling is common too, esp 2009. JAG USA confirmed and got the dealer to pay for over half even though my car is 5 years old and out of warranty. So, the dealer is removing the old dash. I asked them to do the a/c line, duck bill at the same time since the dash is already out. They said they can't do the a/c through the dash, that Jag USA procedure is by dropping the transmission. Since when? I feel like they are not being honest esp since so many people here and other dealers do it that way. AND with the water in the box the blower quit working so that needs to be changed out. Any comments?

sherbercars (03-29-2014)
Old 11-13-2013, 11:36 AM

RESPONSE TO ASTINMARTUS
My Jag dealer is saying dropping the transmission is the BEST way. They are insisting. Even though I am replacing the dash anyway. ??? Sounds odd to me. Dealer said you can't see the other side to know if the line is on straight without dropping the tran AND it will take 1.5 hours to recharge/replace ..coolant. ??

Last edited by CClifton; 11-13-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: quote did not show
Old 12-18-2013, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Brutal
the new drain is no longer a duck bill, well it is but he is missing his lower bill. So there is no longer two pieces of rubber to stick together. Basically the tube is cut open. So you will no longer have this issue since it is now a open tube
Do you know what year this change was introduced? Thanks in advance....

Old 12-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,198 Likes on 931 Posts

Originally Posted by CClifton
Any comments?
Dealer I went to said it was pulling the dash, not the transmission and they have done it several times. Might as well change the transmission fluid if they are dropping the tranny...

Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Denverdds: What tool and which thread are you talking about?

e Denver Jag Dealer (Stevinson) quoted 950.00 to do the job replacing the defective tube. I tried the "forced air" trick with no luck. Then I tried the tip suggested on another thread making a tool and reaching between the engine and firewall. I was able to introduce the tool into the tip of the "duck bill" and successfully drain the water. Then the question becomes will it now drain by itself? Doing this procedure daily is rather inconvenient. So I guess I need to bite the bullet and head to the dealer.

Old 12-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 08 XKR Portfolio

I had the same problem and Juaguar USA agreed to pay 25% even though it was out of warranty. Detroit Jag dealer did it in October but they moved the transmission and did it from underneath the car. I am glad because once you take the dash off I always worry about lose connections and rattles.

Old 12-30-2013, 01:35 AM
Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by yukhateeee
Denverdds: What tool and which thread are you talking about?

e Denver Jag Dealer (Stevinson) quoted 950.00 to do the job replacing the defective tube. I tried the "forced air" trick with no luck. Then I tried the tip suggested on another thread making a tool and reaching between the engine and firewall. I was able to introduce the tool into the tip of the "duck bill" and successfully drain the water. Then the question becomes will it now drain by itself? Doing this procedure daily is rather inconvenient. So I guess I need to bite the bullet and head to the dealer.
Yuk,
Can you explain what the tool looks like and how and where you use it please.
Thanks

Old 12-31-2013, 12:01 PM

I found the link to the tool a couple guys used successfully. I recently got the water and will try this. A bore scope would be good to see what you are fishing for first I believe. Maybe leaving the tube in the duck bill permanently could be a longer term fix. Re routing a new line easier to get to with a air compressor maybe.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...007-xkr-72645/

Old 12-31-2013, 12:11 PM

Excellent write up and PDF picture of what we are dealing with. I'm trying to get the helpful posts here in one area, so you don't have to read all of them.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...eak-fix-73085/

Old 12-31-2013, 03:00 PM

Rscultho's tip makes sense to me. Anybody else have luck with this method of removing a Cat Converter?
"My tip was repaired by Hennessey Jag in Atlanta - they put the car up on the rack, removed the passenger side exhaust pipe near the tranny and reached up above the tranny and cut a portion of the tip off so the water could drain".

JagXKR2009 (06-07-2021)
Old 01-26-2014, 11:17 AM
Default Water issue in passenger side

I have read a number of posts about this issue, it has to do with the "duck bill"design at end of drain tube. Very clever, but not always effective.
I have not tried it, but some postings say to set AC on full blower shut off all vents and this will pressurize the chamber and will blow open the tube, certainly worth a try, If fact I would wonder if pressurizing the chamber with a shop vac. A good diagram of the AC chamber might give some clues.
Post your results.
Tx.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:56 AM
Default water in pass side floor

Don't bother with homemade remedies....could ruin something else...take it to Jag dealer and let them "fix" it.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:17 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default NHTSA Complaint Forms

Perhaps if all forum members who have had this problem, or anticipate having this problem, were to file a complaint on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Jaguar might be forced to remedy this issue.

You can file a complaint using this link:
NHSTA Complaint Form

I think if we are specific and do a good job defining the water coming into the cabin and ruining items on the floor, or scaring your date causing her to breakup with you or using your real life examples we might have a chance getting reimbursed and/or having the repair made through a recall. I think we could embellish the complaint to indicate the incident created a real safety issue due to the sudden gush of water from the glovebox.

Worth a shot. important that we all use similar terminology describing the issue like Sudden A/C water gush in the passenger foot well caused by faulty duck bill hose. Maybe someone else has a better description or ideas on the wording we should consider.

Old 01-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 482 Likes on 403 Posts

I wish I could partake in this NHTSA campaign, but my XKR hasn't had this issue yet.

Old 03-29-2014, 10:38 AM

My 2007 XKR has the infamous leak into the passenger floor carpet. I contacted Jaguar customer service, after getting two quotes from separate Texas Jag dealers/service shops. Jag Customer Service was very cordial when they told me 'too bad so sad' and denied sending me the $250 or any other amount. So, the service shop says the tranny gets dropped on Tuesday and they will fix the pipe. 5+ hours of labor.

Quick Reply: A/C water in Passenger foot well