XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The car is going lightly on the left side

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 06:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts
Default The car pulls left / Jaguar Espana, Grupo Iberica Valencia / Jaguar Le Port Marly

Hello again, we changed the tires for some pirelli p zero and we redo the geometrie but the car still goes on the left, what could it be? any ideas? its better but it still goes on the left. A jag tecnician told me the front control arms could be the issue here.

Re mis-acceleration, it is coming back, they changed the air sensors, and i used some cleaner injector product but the car still doing some strange mis-acceleration? what you guys advice to do? jaguar said we need to see a signal, there is no signal at all on dashboard.

I will appreciate any comments / help. Thanks

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-09-2013 at 04:51 AM. Reason: cause they got me
Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Hello again, we changed the tires for some pirelli p zero and we redo the geometrie but the car still goes on the left, what could it be? any ideas? its better but it still goes on the left. A jag tecnician told me the front control arms could be the issue here.

Re mis-acceleration, it is coming back, they changed the air sensors, and i used some cleaner injector product but the car still doing some strange mis-acceleration? what you guys advice to do? jaguar said we need to see a signal, there is no signal at all on dashboard.

I will appreciate any comments / help. Thanks
On the pulling to the left: does it happen when you are driving normally, when you apply the brakes, or at all times?

So when you are driving down the road and take your hands off the steering wheel the car drifts to the left? Is this correct?

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
On the pulling to the left: does it happen when you are driving normally, when you apply the brakes, or at all times?

,So when you are driving down the road and take your hands off the steering wheel the car drifts to the left? Is this correct?
It happens when i am driving normally, yes it is correct, I can see the steering wheel is not straight but anyway. after 100 meters i may change of lane all the time to the left, sometimes more, maybe more if i am in dynamic mode...as soon as i take my hands off the steering wheel, sometimes it goes straight to the left, if not directly after a few meters then ( I weight 70 kg)

one question regarding the mis acceleration cause jag in valencia is talking about a box of injector to be clean, as its in spanish, i am confused. a tecnician in Uk at jaguar said to verify and clean the throttle body, and verify the gas pressure if there is no fault code.

1/ question, does the trottle body is different than an injector box?
2/ do we need 3 days to clean the throttle body or the injector box if they are 2 different part ( its to be sent somewhere to be cleaned) ?

re the pulling one tecnician is saying this "With regards to the pulling they do all tend to drift to the camber of
the road ,this is a natural characteristic."

but if i am on the middle lane of a 4 lanes free way it goes again to the left.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-01-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:57 AM
Veteran Member

It happens when i am driving normally, yes it is correct, I can see the steering wheel is not straight but anyway. after 100 meters i may change of lane all the time to the left, sometimes more, maybe more if i am in dynamic mode...as soon as i take my hands off the steering wheel, sometimes it goes straight to the left, if not directly after a few meters then ( I weight 70 kg)

one question regarding the mis acceleration cause jag in valencia is talking about a box of injector to be clean, as its in spanish, i am confused. a tecnician in Uk at jaguar said to verify and clean the throttle body, and verify the gas pressure if there is no fault code.

1/ question, does the trottle body is different than an injector box?
2/ do we need 3 days to clean the throttle body or the injector box if they are 2 different part ( its to be sent somewhere to be cleaned) ?

re the pulling one tecnician is saying this "With regards to the pulling they do all tend to drift to the camber of
the road ,this is a natural characteristic."

but if i am on the middle lane of a 4 lanes free way it goes again to the left.
On the drifting:

This may be something as simple as an under inflated tire, or a damaged suspension component. Check the air pressure in your left front tire and ensure it is inflated properly. If it is, the only other way to check the suspension is to take it to a shop and have the front end alignment checked.

It is true that a car will drift normally in the direction of ruts or other conditions of the road surface.

The throttle body and the injectors are two different parts. The throttle body controls the amount of air coming into the cyllinders, the injectors force fuel into the combustion chamber. If the throttle body is dirty or is not metering the air properly it may cause a misfire. If the fuel pressure is affected in the injector(s) then there may not be enough fuel being forced into the combustion chamber which may cause a misfire. This could also be caused by worn/faulty spark plugs, or a weak/faulty spark from the ignition system. This could be diagnosed given the right equipment.

They are telling you the throttle body has to be sent somewhere to be cleaned???

jagxk2008 (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 AM
Veteran Member

On the drifting:

This may be something as simple as an under inflated tire, or a damaged suspension component. Check the air pressure in your left front tire and ensure it is inflated properly. If it is, the only other way to check the suspension is to take it to a shop and have the front end alignment checked.

It is true that a car will drift normally in the direction of ruts or other conditions of the road surface.

The throttle body and the injectors are two different parts. The throttle body controls the amount of air coming into the cyllinders, the injectors force fuel into the combustion chamber. If the throttle body is dirty or is not metering the air properly it may cause a misfire. If the fuel pressure is affected in the injector(s) then there may not be enough fuel being forced into the combustion chamber which may cause a misfire. This could also be caused by worn/faulty spark plugs, or a weak/faulty spark from the ignition system. This could be diagnosed given the right equipment.

They are telling you the throttle body has to be sent somewhere to be cleaned???
they are telling me they need 3 days to send the injectors to be cleaned. if we go this way...maybe they can try cleaning the throttle body first no?

the pressure was both 2.8 rear instead of 2.5 but from one machine to another...and front were both 2.5 instead of 2.3 , its seems a little better now. we just done the alignment/geometrie, of all 4 wheels, its not different than checking front end alignment correct?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-01-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

they are telling me they need 3 days to send the injectors to be cleaned. if we go this way...maybe they can try cleaning the throttle body first no?

the pressure was both 2.8 rear instead of 2.5 but from one machine to another...and front were both 2.5 instead of 2.3 , its seems a little better now. we just done the alignment/geometrie, of all 4 wheels, its not different than checking front end alignment correct?
That makes sense on cleaning the injectors...most shops send these to other shops that specialize in cleaning and rebuilding injectors. Yes, they should try cleaning the throttle body first...

Correct on teh alignment. If they did the geometry for all 4 wheels then it should be fine...unless they did not do it correctly. Do you have another shop that can check the geometry to make sure it was properly aligned?

jagxk2008 (05-01-2013)
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM
Veteran Member

That makes sense on cleaning the injectors...most shops send these to other shops that specialize in cleaning and rebuilding injectors. Yes, they should try cleaning the throttle body first...

Correct on teh alignment. If they did the geometry for all 4 wheels then it should be fine...unless they did not do it correctly. Do you have another shop that can check the geometry to make sure it was properly aligned?
thank you I will ask them to clean the throttle body first then, yes i can take it to another shop, i meant i don't know them but there is dozen here...I will see how it is going now that the sun is shining and i can drive it more.

thank you for your help. and a throttle body can be clean there at the dealership directly, no need to send it somewhere right?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-01-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

thank you I will ask them to clean the throttle body first then, yes i can take it to another shop, i meant i don't know them but there is dozen here...I will see how it is going now that the sun is shining and i can drive it more.

thank you for your help. and a throttle body can be clean there at the dealership directly, no need to send it somewhere right?

tomorrow I will have the throttle body cleaned. re the pulling issue:

I took measurements today again and there is 5 mm of height difference (today depending where i park on my flat parking) between top right arch wheel and top left arch wheel. 5 mm lower on the left where the car is pulling, what do you think, should we look for air shocks replacement or front control arms? yesterday while parking at approx. the same spot there was only 1 mm of difference. I hope it is not a constructor warranty issue that could be covered cause I talked about it since 4 months now...and i had my constructor warranty at that time. I bet you this should have been fixed under constructor warranty, i never seen a 14000 miles car pulling.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-02-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,197 Likes on 931 Posts

I got "scammed" on the throttle body needing cleaning on my VDP. I'd be skeptical on that one unless one of the tech's here says different.

As for pulling, check the alignment first (after tire pressure) and inspect suspension parts. It can only be a few things considering the tires are new.

jagxk2008 (05-02-2013)
Old 05-02-2013, 11:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I got "scammed" on the throttle body needing cleaning on my VDP. I'd be skeptical on that one unless one of the tech's here says different.

As for pulling, check the alignment first (after tire pressure) and inspect suspension parts. It can only be a few things considering the tires are new.
thank you yes i believe it is suspension/ bushing related, it still pull on the left .
well i am going tomorrow for the throttle body cleaning and to talk about the pulling issue, weird for 14000 miles, really I am pissed off. if the xkr needs a front suspension or control arms at 14 000 miles?? or and a geometrie every 2 months, i will give up. I want to move to south America and it's a good time soon.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Veteran Member

They were busy today and I must go back tuesday to check everything, ( I did not bought the car there). They noticed the pulling still here. And they are aware of the acceleration issue. They measure the difference of height as I asked to get the tool for and we noticed again (front left) 4 mm lower on the side the car is pulling. I am interested knowing what is the tolerence there ? How many mm? (it was 5 mm on the xj and its maybe less for the xk.) note that if your xj have 5 mm of dif. and is in the tolerence you may really feel weird driving it, I am telling you.

When I baught the car, the jaguar dealership at Port Marly knew I will be driving 1600 km and they told me twice they checked everything, but when I arrived at home, I checked the tire pressure and there was 500 gr less in one wheel, and 250 gr on the other set of difference between left and right, none of the wheels had a correct pressure.

I believe they try compensating so I could not well noticed anything. I believe they tried to hide this problem. (I also believe it is what caused the transfer box transmission error to pop up after 200 meters leaving the dealership)
And to finish the service was due as it was 14 months without doing a service, I will not complain if I did not have any problems, but I do have issues and I do not wish to pay this bill indeed and the next one related to correcting these problems. I also believe they were well aware of the acceleration problem which of course also comes without any error code.

I called Jaguar spain to get some informations on diagnostic, and I filed with Jaguar France and let them know all I was thinking. I opened a case with Opteven the extended warranty and explain the same thing there, they may not be of any help, I know I am not waiting Le Port-marly to call me to help me, they never responded to my first calls or emails, even before the purchase. Nothing to wait from them. But they had a xkr s for sale and I will not buy it. They can forget me.

24 hours after Opteven gave me a case number they already could not find it the day after...

1700 euros tires 200 for 3 geometrie, 350 euros for a service that was due for them, and maybe 6 roundtrips (+400km) to the dealer and 4 months to wait to resolve issues that do not seems to be resolved.

If I don't resolve these issues or if I feel jaguar do not help, or if the car had an accident I will open a few threads on Jaguar Le Port Marly on the internet. That is all we have left.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-04-2013 at 03:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Veteran Member

They were busy today and I must go back tuesday to check everything, ( I did not bought the car there). They noticed the pulling still here. And they are aware of the acceleration issue. They measure the difference of height as I asked to get the tool for and we noticed again (front left) 4 mm lower on the side the car is pulling. I am interested knowing what is the tolerence there ? How many mm? (it was 5 mm on the xj and its maybe less for the xk.) note that if your xj have 5 mm of dif. and is in the tolerence you may really feel weird driving it, I am telling you.

When I baught the car, the jaguar dealership at Port Marly knew I will be driving 1600 km and they told me twice they checked everything, but when I arrived at home, I checked the tire pressure and there was 500 gr less in one wheel, and 250 gr on the other set of difference between left and right, none of the wheels had a correct pressure.

I believe they try compensating so I could not well noticed anything. I believe they tried to hide this problem. (I also believe it is what caused the transfer box transmission error to pop up after 200 meters leaving the dealership)
And to finish the service was due as it was 14 months without doing a service, I will not complain if I did not have any problems, but I do have issues and I do not wish to pay this bill indeed and the next one related to correcting these problems. I also believe they were well aware of the acceleration problem which of course also comes without any error code.

I called Jaguar spain to get some informations on diagnostic, and I filed with Jaguar France and let them know all I was thinking. I opened a case with Optoven the extended warranty and explain the same thing there, they may not be of any help, I know I am not waiting Le Port-marly to call me to help me, they never responded to my first calls or emails, even before the purchase. Nothing to wait from them. But they had a xkr s for sale and I will not buy it. They can forget me.

1700 euros tires 200 for 3 geometrie, 350 euros for a service that was due for them, and maybe 6 roundtrips (+400km) to the dealer and 4 months to wait to resolve issues that do not seems to be resolved.

If I don't resolve these issues or if I feel jaguar do not help, or if the car had an accident I will open a few threads on Jaguar Le Port Marly on the internet. That is all we have left.
Very sorry to hear that the dealer is not being attentive.

Try to find an independent shop that can fix your problems. Also try to contact Jaguar World Headquarters if Jaguar Spain does not give you any help.

jagxk2008 (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Veteran Member

Very sorry to hear that the dealer is not being attentive.

Try to find an independent shop that can fix your problems. Also try to contact Jaguar World Headquarters if Jaguar Spain does not give you any help.
I do not know any independant here and I will be worry they void the warranty after, I contacted jaguar france as the car was bought in France at one of the so called best jag dealership!

The car is pulling more on left when we release the accelerator, when we accelerate, it may not do it much, in full acceleration I don't think so. When we use the brakes yes it pulls too.

Does that means the front wheel are more subject to the problem that the rear ones?

Jaguar France said they opened a case and they will call me back next week. The dealer here in Valencia is trying and he always ask to come right away which is nice, remember I did not bought the car there, and jaguar France is supposed to be responsible not Jaguar Spain.

since I live in Spain and the dealership who is trying is in Spain I contacted Jaguar Spain also to see if they could be of any help to diagnose the problems without having to change too many parts I do not need.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-03-2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:04 AM
Veteran Member

I do not know any independant here and I will be worry they void the warranty after, I contacted jaguar france as the car was bought in France at one of the so called best jag dealership!

The car is pulling more on left when we release the accelerator, when we accelerate, it may not do it much, in full acceleration I don't think so. When we use the brakes yes it pulls too.

Does that means the front wheel are more subject to the problem that the rear ones?

Jaguar France said they opened a case and they will call me back next week. The dealer here in Valencia is trying and he always ask to come right away which is nice, remember I did not bought the car there, and jaguar France is supposed to be responsible not Jaguar Spain.

since I live in Spain and the dealership who is trying is in Spain I contacted Jaguar Spain also to see if they could be of any help to diagnose the problems without having to change too many parts I do not need.
Ok, I understand. Hopefully between them all you will get your problems resolved.

The rear wheels will only cause a change in direction when the geometry is not correct. With the front wheels, since the car is drifting to the left when not braking or accelerating (or when you are accelerating) that sounds like a suspension issue or a geometry issue. Also, if the geometry was set correctly, but some part in the suspension is not correct, this will make the geometry incorrect again very quickly. I will bet you have a bad suspension part in the left front.

jagxk2008 (05-03-2013)
Old 05-03-2013, 06:18 AM
Veteran Member

Ok, I understand. Hopefully between them all you will get your problems resolved.

The rear wheels will only cause a change in direction when the geometry is not correct. With the front wheels, since the car is drifting to the left when not braking or accelerating (or when you are accelerating) that sounds like a suspension issue or a geometry issue. Also, if the geometry was set correctly, but some part in the suspension is not correct, this will make the geometry incorrect again very quickly. I will bet you have a bad suspension part in the left front.

yes I think the left shocks is to be changed and we rather changed both then.
its is strange at this mileage 21 000 km. If I pay for it, I guess it was Le Port Marly full responsability with the service due and they will keep the future car I will buy from them cause I was expected something different from them, it is just incredible to see so many guys in a dealership and seeing things like that happening...it is impressing me a lot.

so between the constructor warranty and the extended one full year now, If I pay the shocks i will be at around 4000 euros to have the car going straight! thanks Jaguar! you said warranty? lol...

Old 05-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Veteran Member

yes I think the left shocks is to be changed and we rather changed both then.
its is strange at this mileage 21 000 km. If I pay for it, I guess it was Le Port Marly full responsability with the service due and they will keep the future car I will buy from them cause I was expected something different from them, it is just incredible to see so many guys in a dealership and seeing things like that happening...it is impressing me a lot.

so between the constructor warranty and the extended one full year now, If I pay the shocks i will be at around 4000 euros to have the car going straight! thanks Jaguar! you said warranty? lol...
You should not have to pay for struts this early in the cars life!!! Jaguar should pay for them!!! You should not allow that!!!

Definitely let them know about your dissatisfaction and how this is affecting your opinion of the Jaguar brand.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member

You should not have to pay for struts this early in the cars life!!! Jaguar should pay for them!!! You should not allow that!!!

Definitely let them know about your dissatisfaction and how this is affecting your opinion of the Jaguar brand.
Thank you Rscultho,

if you knew how I care for this care and all the things I wanted to do and I have not done everyday, I contain myself driving it, I don't get out, I don't park anywhere, i double check everything all the time. I have never abused it, never I took the car to a race track etc...it's simple I think I don't like speeding anymore, just going 10 or 20 km hour more than the traffic is enough for me. I drove 7500 km in 5 months. (including a 1600 km return trip)

I meant I will pay the service here they have nothing to see with the issues?, I will let you know what Jaguar france did but I have doubts they ever call me back next week as they said, they opened a case but I don't even have a number. I talked to Mrs Traore.

What I would like is getting out of the problems, as for paying or not, it is what i do since 4 months without any results, it be good if by paying it could cease but I am skeptic about it.

We will see how it goes I will keep you update tuesday afternoon. Thanks again!

so it could be possible that a bad/defect front left shocks make the rear wheel left moving every 2 months or it could be both left shocks? and then we will need to change all 4.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-04-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

I was wandering if someone can help for this:

So it could be possible that a bad/defect front left shocks make the rear wheel left moving every 2 months (alignment) or it could be both left shocks? and then we will need to change all 4.

also when we release the accelerator the steering wheel tends to turn to the left side, not all the time but at times it does it really clearly, with the alignment done 4 days ago. If the alignment is good, which i think, does a bad shocks could turn the steering wheel?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-05-2013 at 03:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:05 AM
Veteran Member

Here is 2 images I wanted to show, let me know what you think,

first image is right front wheel, second image is left front wheel, (left wheel seems more straight)

in Santa rosa I knew an independent jag that won't use a computer but a rope to check the geometrie and correct it, or correct any driving issues, but it is good for the xj not the xk, as the front are smaller than rear, but with a xj if you attached a rope in the front and run your rope all along the car you can have a good view on the angles you have set.

here the camber angles are different.

right front wheel (if I want bring back the bubble at the level of the left front wheel, it is almost 2 cm of inclinaison needed on a 20 inches wheel!

Left front wheel

also left rear wheel is more straight than right rear wheel. so both left wheel are almost straight, and the right ones have some camber.
Can we still be in the green during the alignment with settings like this, it is surprising? Or does this hide an accident or a bad triangle or anything else?
Any ideas?

Should we expect to change the control arms every 15 000km with the xkr cause the control arms bushing are the exact same as other xk. Are they any better now, or not at all ?

Can we just change the control arm bushing?
http://www.thepartsbin.com/guides/ja...m_bushing.html

Attached Thumbnails The car is going lightly on the left side-dsc0169st.jpg   The car is going lightly on the left side-dsc0168ty.jpg  
Attached Images   

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-05-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Veteran Member

I am going now to have the car checked at jag, I will keep you update. I take my broom handle and a level, it could be of any help....

Quick Reply: The car is going lightly on the left side