XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Current XKR Series just become the most collectible Jaguar since the XKE

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 10:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally, I think that the X150 will be remembered as the car that set the tone for the "new" Jaguar brand. It is stunning; modern looking (perhaps a little too much) but still with a touch of the classic Jag sports wagons. Comfortable even to bigger people (unlike the F-Type, where I sometimes think the "F" stands for "f*ing tiny"), and with a serious attempt to embrace modern technology (I did say "attempt"). And all aluminium, something that is becoming Jaguars trademark with it's modern cars.

The next generation of the Jaguar GT may be great or it may be a flop, but I doubt it will be the same. The X150s mix of being a pure GT and a sports car (especially the XKR and XKR-S) may have prevented it from becoming a hit, but it also gave it a certain identity that I feel many other cars lack.

Best of luck to those of you who own the more collectible examples, may they become recognized as the classics they are!

Old 03-31-2018, 09:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your XKRS doesn't have bt audio streaming?! I thought all of em did since 2011

Old 03-20-2023, 12:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar xkr

Hello there. Just browsing google trying to find a bit of info being is the Jaguar xkr a good buy and will it be a classic. Looking at your information and answers it’s been a long time, a decade has passed so firstly I hope your well and good ten years on😂 my father is getting himself a newer xkr, not brand new, he has always had jags since I was a small boy, it’s all I ever drove around in, he buys them salvage, repairs and cherishes. He has not long finished a 4 year labour of love on a 1966 mk2 and it’s stunning, there is a video on YouTube under hand built cars. A couple came out to documentary it. Anyways I’m waffling on. My dad had a 2000 xkr 4K te supercharge. Think it’s done around 100k miles. It’s got the Brenna brakes, it’s had a new soft top as the noter did go on it abd yiu can’t just get the canvas top replaced it’s all one expensive unit. The car has had a ceramic paint job done approx 12 months ago, my dad went for Ferrari red, loves jaguars but he says Ferrari red is the best red and it does look amazing. Interior has all been replaced from cream to red and black all still genuine Jaguar parts. It has the 20inch Detroits on it. The car has been well looked after, always serviced and for its age it’s solid. The car actually belonged to the singer John Farnham who took it to a race track and put it in the wall, my dad then bought it salvaged, repaired it and has loved it. He rings me out the blue because he knows I’ve always loved the xkr but he also knows I loved his metallic turquoise xkr, what a flying machine that was. Anyway he said il let it go to me for £4 grand and he will leave the private reg on as that hides the age of s very old car now. It’s knocking on 23 years old so ten years on from when you said these cars are worth hanging on to I now have the chance to buy my dads who I can trust, I know the cars has the best care if can get fir 4 grand. Some in auto trader today go anywhere between £5grand and £14grand but they have super low mileage like under 30k miles. I like my dad would get some use from it but it’s not a winter weather car, I have my other car I drive day to day n work, the xkr would be a weekend and summer use so il not be hammering miles onto the car. If I bought it for £4K at 23 years old is it going to go up in value any more if let’s say I hang on to it for another decade or so. Thank you for reading this. From one jag fan to another

Old 03-20-2023, 02:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

We traded our 2010 XKR vert in 2014 for a new SRT Viper TA, and added a 911 Turbo S in 2019. Great performance cars, but the elegant XKR was truly very special indeed. We spent the winter in Florida where we saw every high-end car, Bentley Continentals everywhere, particularly in Miami. But the only one that caught our eyes was the 5L XKR vert we saw every day parked in the condo garage. The proportions of the XK are spot on, and the car just oozes elegance and specialness. We have many great top-down memories with the XKR, and those sunny special occasions are when we miss it most. We love our Viper and 911, but the XKR will forever be the one that got away.

If I were to replace it I'd buy the most pristine example I could find, with reasonable mileage, service records, no collision or stories, and expect to pay a premium for it. Quality always brings the money and makes it a desirable collector car. Enjoy and cherish.

Bruce

The following 6 users liked this post by Bruce H.:
CA Jag (04-28-2023), DGL (03-20-2023), Hans Amstein (03-20-2023), mosesbotbol (03-22-2023), ralphwg (03-20-2023), XKRAU (03-20-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)