Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

From D to S "clic" after transmission job done

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts
Default From D to S "clic" after transmission job done

This is the "clic" I got after the transmission service, i got it the first day then it stops, then it came back, sure it was not like this before and i am sure nobody heard about it. This gear wheel selector seems to be strong and it is very weird when something like this happenned, its a bit loose betwen D and S, does not feel the same at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e12dU...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by jagxk2008; 07-04-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:58 AM
Veteran Member

Indeed the selector is bad now, even if it has happenned the day of the transmission job, it has nothing to see with it.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 07-05-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 346 Likes on 239 Posts

Does it need to be replaced Pierre? I am dreading when my XK is going to start falling apart!!!

Loth

Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Ryan,
concretely it works perfect, i went to the shop, of course this day it did not do it at all, but they compared to a new one, and one of the perosn of the place said yes even without the "clic" i can feel it stops between the 2 selection, it is not as smooth, so my friend looked at me meaning i could really stick with this, which is true but i feel like it is the heart center peace of the car and i never had any problems with the 08 xk with it.

Personally i feel real bad about it. So yes next week we will change it.
For them it has nothing to see with the transmission job that has been done even if it has happenned right after the job. For me it is hard to dissociate from the job done.

When they did cleaned my brake for free for 2 hours, what can i say, i got it back with a scratch 1,5 inche. I could not say anything.

well what there is real good there with him it's that i can be there 3 times a week, between the LR now and the jag and each time he is telling me he is very happy to see me and i do not bother them at all.

If I was you I will not freak at all. all experiences are different. Just be careful when you leave your car, well you don't seems to go to cheap places so maybe you are fine, but issue arrived everywhere while working on it. It is crazy if you think about all a car need to be really treated with respect, its is a tuff job, and people get tired. Sometimes i freak seeing somebody weighted much more than i driving it, but hey its how it is...

your jag has done her teeths now...lol...
I think the xk is the most reliable one. The more concise etc.. You may experience some transmission "accoups" when releasing the accelerator at times, i did got them when i had 7000 miles. But even with this the transmission is very strong and will last all 10 jags did it. Never broke a transmission, but 2 rear ends, yes, on the xj.

I think there is something about forums, people may report more often troubles than positive things and it can be understand but when you read all you are freaking for real...I decided not to open a forum myself for what I do, for these reasons. We need to keep some distances and worrying attract more troubles, i ve seen people with LR spending 7 weeks at the shop on 6 months ownership being totally pissed off, with mine at 22 k as of now i am 100% free of problems.

take care

P.s I told him, on the forum nobody has that noise, he responded me he is going to cut me the internet connection...lol...like for his wife too he said...but he is a very good man.
And I ordered a remap for the LR at Bellautos, he seems to be the guy for real, with lot of equipments and review on the land rover magazine about him and his capacities, here at LR jag the tecnician told me not to do it and i did cause i think pete at BAS Bell autos is excellent. He worked it out by email and at distances with an interface. It should feel like a 3 liters soon. I can do 720 km with a tank now.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 07-07-2013 at 09:26 AM.