Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

DAB on XKR 2007 Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 04:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAB on XKR 2007 Convertible

Hi all

Can anyone advise how I can get a reliable DAB signal on my 2007 XKR convertible please? I have an iPhone and have seen some suggestions that it could be used. I have also looked in to a DAB converter but not sure it would work - aerial location etc.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Richard

Old 01-10-2017, 04:49 AM
Received 4,436 Likes on 2,421 Posts

DAB was not a factory option on the XK in 2007, however it would be possible to retrofit the factory system. I have done many DAB retrofits with factory parts to a number of JLR vehicles now. It's not the cheapest solution but I find it to be the nicest way to go with proper integration through the factory radio/touchscreen interface.

The factory location for the DAB antenna is actually in the rear bumper, it was a special design for the XK. This is because on a convertible there are not any fixed vertical windows, which is where the DAB antenna is on a Land Rover, XF, XJ, etc..

You can see here;

DAB on XKR 2007 Convertible-screen-shot-07-10-16-12.52-pm-001.jpg

For the UK you only need the Band-III Antenna (item #5)

You do not need to use the factory Antenna Amplifier (item #4), there is an aftermarket one which also works with the factory antenna.

The DAB reciever is mounted on top of the navigation DVD drive in the boot space.

You also need a power connection, a connection into the MOST fiber optic loop, and a custom-made coaxial cable to go from the reciever to the antenna amplifier.

And lastly, the DAB option needs to be activated in the vehicles CCF (car configuration file). In order to do this you need the dealers diagnostic system, I have a few contacts in the UK who can do this.

You can see an example of the DAB retrofit I did in my 2007 Freelander2 here https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/n...2/#post1400623 similar concept for the XK just a different antenna and antenna amplifier.

The following 2 users liked this post by Cambo:
ejjbee (01-10-2017), mosesbotbol (01-10-2017)